UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
Thank you! , Tom and Don Icon_e_biggrin 

Well, some progress has been made since my last post, but first, I have acquired TWO NEW engines, YAY! 
First one is a Milwaukee Road SD40-2 with the rare Hiawatha emblem on the front hood, I love it! Honestly, I try and keep my layout set in about the 2006 time frame, so it kinda puts this engine out, but I'll run it with my Wisconsin Central engines, as if it was never painted, NO weathering on it though, I really want to keep it nice.
[Image: A5wrE5Z.jpg]

Second, I added a NS Dash 9 as barrowed power on my UP trains, I really had no barrowed power, and I see NS on UP trains often, ALSO, my Wifes father and Grandfather work for NW and NS, so it made sense to add that road...
[Image: PwM84cP.jpg]

[Image: NxGXTsg.jpg]

AS for progress on the farm project, I got the barn and silo painted. Painting ended up being a challenge as NONE of the colors I had were the exact colors I wanted, so I ended up having to mix EVERY color on this whole project, like for the barn I didnt have anything close, so I took candy red and magenta and mixed them to my liking, it was like that for everything on this project. I wanted the barn to be weathered but not dilapidated, I mean I wanted wear, but yet a well kept working farm. 
After I paint on the barn was dry, I took a red scotch bright pad and with down stroke motions, I took away some of the paint to make it look like the paint was fading, the I weathered it giving it a worn look, but not horribly bad. the white trim had turned grayish and chipped off from time and weathering. I really couldnt find any paints to simulate the limestone look I wanted for the lower rock work, so I did best as I could mixing various colors to achieve it, I think the whole think came out ok, you be the judge on that.

I also done the plastering work I needed, heres some progress shots of the area/ work so far...
[Image: Sb65Cdm.jpg]

[Image: YmRXL0w.jpg]

[Image: GDqKSzj.jpg]

[Image: IjNFEe2.jpg]

[Image: w8PJ6O9.jpg]

[Image: 5NnF9sm.jpg]

I thought I had enough room to do the Farm area without getting to close to the tracks, but it just didnt work out, it was hard to compress it but this is as good as it gets for that, it will have to work. Next up is all the ground cover, gravel, dirt, grass and some trees, I'll post the progress as it happens. 

Till next time...
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread