Building the roundhouse at Mount Forest...
Yeah, turntables come with their own issues, and I've discovered that this one's track is not centred from end-to-end, despite care taken to ensure that it was assembled properly.  If the cab end of the table is aligned with any of the three tracks which connect to the turntable, the other end lines up perfectly with three corresponding roundhouse tracks.
However, when the non-cab end is lined-up with those access tracks, the cab end does not align well with any of the same three tracks.  This is an annoyance more than anything, so I'll just have to remember to have locos arriving at the turntable, pilot-first to go into any of those three roundhouse tracks, should have the turntable's cab at the point of entry onto the turntable.  That will at least let them enter any of those three stalls without having to adjust the turntable.

I'm not overly impressed with the motor-drive, either.  The table spins, in proportion to the throttle setting, but vibrates considerably due to the wheel issue, and it will also take a bit of practice to get it to stop exactly where it should. 

The best I can say is that the turntable pit at least closes the hole-in-the-sky over GERN Industries, almost immediately below on the lower level.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread