Help getting started with Traction
Hey guys,

It may be worth dusting off the cobwebs in the "traction modeling" section, but I am curious if anyone here has experience with it.

At my club, their is a possibility of putting in a trolley. At this point, its seeming unlikely, since there may not be enough time to do it. That said, I was able to establish that a dogbone-style run through our city streets was potentially viable.

My main concern is the track, however. the Girder rail seems to be a different animal than the usual HO tracks. From what I can tell, there is either this "ORR" rail that I would have to hand-lay, or there is the "Proto:87" track, which is actually a flat piece of metal with a groove cut into either side (the top is the flangeway, the bottom is a locating groove).

Either one seems intimidating and expensive.

Any advice on getting started?

Right now I only have an unpowered IHP Kawasaki LRV, but I plan to pick up a few of the local philadelphia prototypes if I get the chance. there are a few SEPTA and PTC "PCC" type units out there, and some resin models of the Red Arrow Double-ended PCCs.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread