Retirement ....Good , Bad , So-so ??
I've been officially retired for a year now ......seems a little strange , not working . Not that I punched a clock , but I do ...oops , did like work and wasn't a guy to take much time off . But I'll be 70 in a couple of months so I guess that's long enough . Retirement isn't quite what I had envisioned as I had thoughts of being in Scottsdale AZ in the winter .........but as much as I bitch about winter when it's here , our area of southern Ontario gets off pretty easy and I confess Ido look forward to changes in season . We hadn't counted on health issues , particularly with my wife , so travel is out of the picture .....I'm essentially a care giver and have been for several years . My wife is not an invalid or incapacitated but she does not handle being alone for more than 4 or 5 hours and has become a home body of sorts . It is what it is !

I do like puttering around the house on my own time ....if I don't feel like cutting the lawn , to hell with it until tomorrow etc . I have been totally remiss with my small layout ....just haven't been in the mood but I still like the hobby in general ....but no more clubs Goldth .

Well , enough rambling , how do you like retirement ??

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.

Messages In This Thread