Every Track Powered for DCC???
Herc....You can definitely leave power off on one or several stub tracks to park your engines there. I have a few around the layout, but since I use all electrofrog turnouts, I have SPST switches to turn them on/off.
I also have an isolated programming track "integrated" into a section of the main yard and powered through a DPDT switch as described above. This way I can program locos and then change to "Run" mode to see how my changes work. If I don't like them, I just drive it back to the programming track, switch to "Program" mode and fiddle with it some more. Beats taking the engine off the layout every time you want to change settings....
Yes, you can use up to two DC power packs as "Jump" controllers to run whatever engine you want (DC or DCC). I have built my version of a "Loconet" with two hand-held throttles I put together myself working off the jump ports, and wired through a few plug-in jacks spread around the layout.
Here's a pic of my hand-held throttle...
If you need any help on getting your Zephyr up & running, just give a holler...Good luck..!! Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

Gus (LC&P).

Messages In This Thread