Sweet sound
I made a little baffle with four of the tiny iPhone speakers (two times two parallel) with a depth of 4mm/0.15" from 1mm/0.04" styrene and placed it in a second GMD-1. All speakers reside in one common little box. The second engine got the same Loksound 4.0 decoder and the exact same sound project and setting (just another address in CV 1).

The master volume CV63 was set to 10 out of 192 as set for the larger sugar cube installed some days ago. That was far to low for the tiny ones. I adjusted CV 63 up to 60 and got about the same volume of bell and horn. Might be a little bit more crisp.

The big difference is the motor sound. The four tiny guys produce a far more crisp and clear sound of the motor than one large sugar cube but they need a master volume set to the sixfold volume. Great and no problem for small layout at home.
Might be aa problem at large layouts and at exhibitions.

[Image: 27321590171_2b497a14a3_c.jpg]IMG_4899 by faraway52, on Flickr

ps. Flickr lost a patent case at a German court about photo uploading from mobile devices and had to suspend that function. They over reacted and disabled all kind of uploading inclusive desktop computers from Germany. I bypass that problem and use a VPN connection via Zuerich, Switzerland at the moment.
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread