Sweet sound
I see, Zimo is not very impressive. Looks like Zoffi has been to close to the engine. There are a lot of secondary sounds (mostly rattling and shaking) that temper the main motor and exhaust sound.
But that is a key problem of this sounds. Do we look for the sound of the engine standing directly at it's side (lots of secondary sound), on an overpass (dominating exhaust) or in a distance of 87 meters/yards (typical mixed sound with some add ons) or 250 meters/yards (only typical sound without most details)?
I prefer the 87 meter/yards distance. That is about my distance while switching. Those with a larger layout may prefer the 250 meter/yards distance. Technical freaks with prefer the sound immediate at the locomotive identifying the left generator beating. But that should also have a lot of low frequency power tattling your bones Big Grin
Tsunami fits my requirements best. I am looking forward for the new sound decoders.

ps. What is an alternative for the tiny Micro Loksound decoder? They are humming for sure but they fit in small switchers.
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread