Mrc prodigy wireless issues
I was writing this when your reply came so it may have some redundancy.

One more thing, and I don't mean to be talking down to you, I just don't know how new you are to DCC so forgive me if I sound dumb, but when you make an advanced consist you first make sure your locomotives respond to their individual address. just for an example one of your locomotives is assigned 1234 and the second unit is 4321. If they work as they are supposed to by accessing that address you can make an advanced consist. If not put them (one at a time) on your program track (you do have one?) and just reprogram the address you want. on the program track you do not have to know what address the locomotive is responding to to change the address, it will overwrite the CVs. also reset CV19 to zero while you are on the programming track.
Now place the locomotives on the main and turn on your hand held throttle. Make sure the respond to their address' . If they do Hit the "consist button once and "set" comes into the display. Hit the enter button once. Now enter a consist number (1-127 are the only numbers that will work) and press enter. now enter the number of the unit in the lead, lets use 1234 and press enter, now you can change the direction the locomotive will run by hitting the direction button. It should say FWD without changing it and if this is OK push "enter" Now "LOCO will flash so insert the second unit number here (4321) and set the direction as needed before hitting enter. If you are done adding engines just hit enter again and it will show a locomotive number on the throttle. This number will not be the consist. push the Loco key and when it flashes insert the consist number here. That is the number you will use to run the train.
I hope this helps. I had a hard time understanding it when I first started but it comes easy once you start.
Hope this helps
Charlie

Messages In This Thread