doctorwayne's Get off yer duff Challenge (Part I)
I was getting a little ahead of myself trying to figure how to adapt the Bachmann vandy tenders to run behind my H7 kitbash.... (and my Mountain locos)

Quote:Adapt Bachmann Vandy Tenders to Run Behind Other Engines

This idea has surfaced as I attempt to kit bash a Proto2K Heritage 2-8-8-2 loco to look like a C&O H7 loco with the vandy tender option.

I have 2 tenders I would consider using with this loco,...a VC-16 and a VC-12, both of them those very nice ones made by Bachmann. I have already modified one of my VC-16 tenders to mate up with the Proto2K loco;......I carved out a slot in the front of the tender so that it accepts the stock draw-bar of the Proto2K loco.

Here is my basic thought process on the tender and sound situation. I thought I could take one of my Bachmann VC-16 tenders and one of the VC-12 tenders and put the sound decoder and the speakers in each. (I have in mind a dual hi-bass speaker installation in each one). I could then run either of these tenders behind the 'H-7 Proto2K loco, AND behind the various Mountain locos I have ( I have several Bachmann ones and several IHC ones).

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum...post455315

Messages In This Thread