doctorwayne's Get off yer duff Challenge (Part I)
(10-12-2021, 10:41 AM)railandsail Wrote: Is this still the case? ....are these parts still available from those sources??

Well, due to all this pandemic stuff, I haven't been able to enter the U.S. for some time now.   I don't recall when I was last there...maybe May in 2019, but if not then, probably in October of 2018.

I miss going to English's Model Railroad Supply in Montoursville, but I miss even more seeing my friends in Ohio and Pennsylvania. 
The last time I was in Montoursville, there were racks and racks of roll-outs, with brass (and some plastic) detail items.  There were water pumps and air pumps similar, but not identical....made probably for brass steam loco builders to represent a specific version from Elesco, for instance, that might be used only on one specific loco from one particular builder.
If you had a specific locomotive in mind, there was likely the proper appliance for it on one of those racks, and I have no reason to think that that situation has changed.

When I'm able to visit friends in Ohio, it's approximately a 250 mile drive from my home here in southern Ontario, and when I leave Ohio, I often drive to Montoursville...another 250 miles.  After spending a few hours there (there's lots to see besides the detail parts) it's another 250 miles to get back home. 

I generally enjoy the driving, and each destination makes the drive even more worthwhile.  I'm hoping to be able to do that entire drive in November, but there's not yet any guarantee that the U.S. border will open, or that a nearby friend might wish to come along, or that SWMBO will agree that it's okay for me to make the trip, with or without a friend.

I don't know where you're located, Brian, but if you want detail parts, I consider it well-worth the drive if it's a reasonable distance, in your opinion. 

If that's not the case, but you know exactly what you want, I might be able to help - that's contingent on you knowing exactly what you want (and that Bowser has it in-stock), and that I'm permitted to make that trip.  We can probably discuss this privately later.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread