Made the Jump to DCC Today
Finally, after years of wait, I have a Zephyr system up and running (albeit with some glitches at first programming a decoders).

2285_ My thanks to all who have provided their hints, tips and experience that shaped my DCC selection and ultimate layout setup. 2285_

I do have a question...regarding the decoder in a Bachmann HHP8. I haven't been able to program the decoder. Wallbang Each time I've tried, I get a "d nd" error. I haven't been able to find out what make decoder is installed, and although trying several times, haven't been able to reprogram the decoder from the factory set - cv03 address - to the engines four digit road number. From the very little I know about decoders, I've read that not every one is reprogramable, and that some decoders are "set" at the cv03 address value. But I successfully reprogrammed two other decoders today, so at least I know I can follow the directions successfully to reprogram the diesel's address. The HHP8 engine works fine using the cv03 address on the layout. But I was hoping to change the address to match the diesel's road number. (As an interesting side note...when I first tried to reprogram the HHP8, it starting moving under power down the programming track - which I thought it wasn't ever supposed to do. I changed the track and wiring I was using for a programming track and the engine stayed still...but the Zephyr still gave me the "d nd" error and I couldn't read or write to the decoder.)

Any ideas why I can't reprogram this guy? :?:
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)

Messages In This Thread