Mountaingoatgreg Get off your duff challenge
Well since I was the who asked about a challenge I probably should participate =)

I had a few structure projects sitting around and I was having a hard time figuring out why I have not finished them. Many of them just need a little work and some final touches, but the main thing was they had no place to actually go. I have also been wanting to take picture of some of my other projects, like freight cars, but have not had a suitable backdrop for pictures. I decided that they best way to get the most projects completed and motivate me to work on other projects was to build a display/photography module. The plan is to have it fully wired and able to allow a locomotive to move over it, this will also allow me to test equipment while I am programming.

So the basic structure will consist of a 48" long by 18" module that will be supported by some wall brackets. The backdrop will then rest along the back edge being held in place by the module, If I decide to change the scene I can pull the back drop and put in a different one later. I have also designed the module to be able to be expanded at a later date by adding additional modules. I also have attempted to design them so that if I wanted to I could salvage the module and incorporate it into a Free-mo module in the future.
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/

Messages In This Thread