E-paw's duff challenge - Part II
Now for part 2.

For part two, I will be getting this years Christmas train ready for it's round and round trip under the tree.
This years power will be a BLI New York Central Hudson. I bartered Toptrain out of this one over Thanksgiving, he got it as a parts engine from a hobby shop for next to nothing. The sound unit, DCC equipment, and smoke unit had been removed in order to repair another one by the hobby shop where he got it from. So now she is a silent, straight DC unit with out any of the BLI goodies.    

I gave the J-1 a test run this morning and discovered a few issues with it.
-First off she had a terrible squeak coming from her drivers, some oil took care of that.
-The plastic coal load looks like it was modeled after one found on O-gauge Lionel tender, that will have to go.
-The tenders pick-up for power was removed with the other guts when she was parted out. This leaves only the drivers grabbing power from the rail. This system is lackluster at best. she stalled repeatedly on good clean track, where other engines with dirty wheels ran without problems.
-Both the headlight and backup lighting were also removed, this will have to be replaced.
-And she had a HORN HOOK on the tender! That will have to go.

- A crew may be in order as well as some weathering.
Then I will also get the passenger equipment ready.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  

Messages In This Thread