We need your feedback, all of you...
(01-17-2020, 11:07 PM)doctorwayne Wrote: I do think the features here are superior to those on the MR site, but it's unfortunate that we don't have the amount of traffic which they enjoy.  I don't think that the majority of Members here are as engaged as they once were, and I doubt very much that it's due to the software.

Wayne

Wayne, I'm pretty sure you realize that the MR site I referenced is NOT the Model Railroader magazine forum site which is experiencing a lot of problems itself. They need to do a lot of fixing, and/or look at changes.

The webmaster (owner) over at the site I referenced supposedly looked at a number of different software options when he was looking for a new one, and this (Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2017 XenForo Ltd) turned out to be his choice even while being a little more expensive than other choices.

I'm not so sure about there overall traffic numbers for these various forums, but I think its declining across the board. The MRH (model railroad hobbyist) site seems to me doing pretty well, but if there are 2 things I do NOT like about it is their failure to notify any poster of a reply being made to each individual who has made a contribution to a subject.

Messages In This Thread