La Mirada, CA BNSF Switching Project
After Russ pointed me in the direction of modeling something closer to home (actually very close to home, about an hour at most from me), i have decided to go with a spot local to me, which is La Mirada, California. The BNSF serves quite a few industries in this little area. There are 2 what looks to be small yards just off the mainline that runs through the area. This is a definite plus since this will not be a continuous run, and instead a group of modules.

Rather then start a new thread, ill just edit this one.... lol

It all comes down to this area, the yellow markers border the industrial district that the BNSF serves:

[Image: Picture11.png]

This will give my M&ET some serious competition, And i may just go all out on this one and scratch the M&ET plans (well not scratch completely, just hold off for a long while and maybe something later on in life lol). 2 Reasons for this, 1. is this area is SO CLOSE TO HOME for me. I can make several trips out there when i need to, and the M&ET located in Modesto, CA is about 6 hours away from me, so getting pictures will be pretty dang hard lol. 2. i can use all my locos for this project, i will not have to get locos in other paint schemes like the M&ET since the BNSF does its own switching in this area..... More money to spend on building supplies and track laying lol

Here are some pictures of the overall area i snapped off real quick. I know the tracks are pretty hard to see :oops: close-up pictures will be posted when im working on certain areas to better see the tracks....

[Image: Picture1-1.png]

Shows one of the small yards id like to model. Right/Center

[Image: Picture2-1.png]

[Image: Picture3.png]

[Image: Picture4.png]

[Image: Picture5.png]

[Image: Picture6.png]

Thanks Russ for pointing this area out to me, this will definitely make the prototype modeling process alot easier on me Misngth

Next to come will be the start of the area in the planning program Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread