My first Scratch Build.
Wow! Fantastic work.

You are correct, sir, on several points. Yes, the MM corner punch can make windows, etc. easier most of the time, depending on the situation. Yes, cardstock can be really strong when laminated.

Don't worry about warping as long as you've got good bracing inside. I got my four walls up together yesterday then wondered if maybe I shouldn't have braced the lower section a bit better, as it is now in accessible other than through a small hole in the floors above and below for the wiring to run through. Still, it's only a little guy so it shouldn't be a problem. I'd think on a larger structure you'd want more bracing.

Now as for the roof, well, I'd just bang it out in paper first then use that as a template. OR build the 'base' of the roof, including the overhang, along with at least one triangle of bracing from corner to corner. As long as you know the height, this will let you actually measure the distances you need to make the roof surface bits in between.

Are you planning on sealing your surfaces before you paint? And if so, with what?

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread