The hardest thing I've ever had to do.... ever
(09-10-2020, 12:38 PM)Russ Bellinis Wrote: Don,
A friend of mine had to put his wife in assisted living for alzheimers.  He went every day at meal times and helped her eat until she passed.  She didn't recognise him.  To her he was the strange man who came to feed her, but it helped him stay close to his wife until she passed.

Thanks for the insight Russ, just that you wouldn't be able to do that in today's environment. That may change by year's end, but until then, no one gets that close to their loved ones. I was fortunate that they're starting to open to visits, even with all the restrictions and rules.

I just finished another video visit, and it went a lot better today than before. They say it could take a few tries before they work, but it went a lot better than yesterday's in-person visit. She responded with a "yes" to a few of my questions, seemed to recognize me and did smile once. Of course, neither one of us had our faces covered up like we did yesterday, so that helped a lot.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The hardest thing I've ever had to do.... ever - by ezdays - 09-10-2020, 12:55 PM