Nscale Kato P42 Digitrax Decoder Install Problem
Hi guys,

I tried to install a Digitrax DN163K0a decoder into my P42, but only the rear engine light illuminates when I put power to the track. I reprogrammed the loco's address to the road number, and verified that was done correctly, but I get no engine movement at all, only the rear light illuminating. It doesn't matter what direction the diesel faces either...only the rear light turns on about two seconds after putting power to the rails on my Digitrax Zephyr. I get no error or short circuit codes. I tried to reinstall the decoder three times, make sure I placed my kapton tape where called for in the directions, made sure the brass pickup strips were touching the metal tabs of the wheel trucks, and made sure the engine tabs were insulated from the brass strips by the kapton tape. What have I done wrong here? I checked both the Digitrax Decoder manual and the Zephyr manual but nothing really addresses this problem. I keep checking the engine's address and it keeps showing up as the right numbers. But I can't figure out why only the rear light is on when power hits the rails. I can't control that light...only watch it turn on by itself with track power.

Any ideas??????
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)

Messages In This Thread