Nscale Kato P42 Digitrax Decoder Install Problem
Thanks for the reply...

I used a programming track to reprogram the decoder's address to the engine number, and confirmed that was done correctly before placing it on the layout. As soon as I put power to the tracks, only the rear light would illuminate (regardless of turning it on or off via the light button on the Zephyr unit). I just tried to change CV 08 back to "factory presets" and reprogramming the engine's address back to its road number, but still only the rear light illuminates when power is selected "on". There is no engine movement at all and I don't have any control over the lights. The only thing I can think of to do is try (for the 4th time) to completely redo the decoder installation. Maybe there's a problem I just don't see. But the metal engine tabs are insulated from the brass engine pickups, and are only touching the decoder's metal pickups. Obviously, something is getting power since the light turns on. And still there's no short circuit or quickly flashing lights on either the engine or the dcc controller, so I don't think there's a short circuit problem. Arrrgghhh...I was really hoping adding dcc to the Kato's wouldn't be this difficult. Any other ideas?
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)

Messages In This Thread