doctorwayne's 2021 Do Something Challenge - Part 1
Well, as is evident, I've made pretty-well no progress at all on the other baggage cars that were on my to-do list.  

I decided instead, to take a break and do some layout work on the partial upper level.  Most of the area near the roundhouse and coaling tower is done, and only some fencing to complete that area is needed.

I opted to start building downtown Mount Forest, which is quickly depleting my stock of DPM structures, and a few odds and ends, along with some stuff from Walthers.

I did manage to get some ground cover installed, and the beginnings of a service road for a couple of industries, along with the start of the main drag through the modelled portion of my version of Mount Forest.

Here are a few photos...

This view shows Walthers "Argosy Book Store", but I've decided that it's going to be a somewhat upscale hotel, including a restaurant...

...but it still needs some weathering.

As you can see, there's room for more structures and the need for streets and sidewalks, too.  Right now, the whole layout room is in chaos, so not much more to show. 

I have a few more things to do in this area, before I return to finishing off those baggage cars.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: doctorwayne's 2021 Do Something Challenge - Part 1 - by doctorwayne - 08-08-2021, 04:47 PM