Poll: What would I do if I had to start from scratch today?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I love the hobby and would start over at any cost
4.55%
1 4.55%
I would dog eBay, yard sales and anyplace I could to get back to my level at a decent cost
22.73%
5 22.73%
I love the hobby, but I couldn’t afford to start over again
0%
0 0%
I would have to start again at a much lower level
22.73%
5 22.73%
The hobby is going out of style, I’d go try something else
0%
0 0%
My body doesn’t function like it used to and would not start again for that reason
0%
0 0%
I love running trains, one engine, a few cars a few feet of track and some plywood is all I need
22.73%
5 22.73%
I’m more into building stuff and would be happy just making dioramas
9.09%
2 9.09%
No room left, my significant other would claim possession of the now empty space
9.09%
2 9.09%
Just looked at my bank balance, got some serious thinking to do
9.09%
2 9.09%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What would you do?
Think about this, I could be wrong, but from what I understand, years ago, a railroad would pay for the privilege of having manufacturers model trains in their colors and logos, just like today when companies pay for product placement in movies. 20 years ago, there were still no licensing fees and railroads were proud to have models made in their images. Now, it's all about the money, fees to model even fallen flag railroads. Got to be careful, could be sued by a railroad for non-compliance, or even by a customer that pinched their finger on a loco wheel. Crazy Once the lawyers stepped in, our pockets became bottomless pits... I can understand charging more for technology, DCC, sound, couplers, lights, controllers, and there's always inflation, but the cost of new rolling stock and even track is really getting too expensive for those young ones just starting out or even retirees with a limited income (ask me how I know).
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
What would you do? - by ezdays - 07-07-2021, 02:21 PM
RE: What would you do? - by Charlie B - 07-08-2021, 09:37 PM
RE: What would you do? - by ezdays - 07-09-2021, 06:21 AM
RE: What would you do? - by nachoman - 07-09-2021, 07:03 PM
RE: What would you do? - by ezdays - 07-10-2021, 09:54 AM
RE: What would you do? - by ezdays - 07-20-2021, 06:51 AM