Interaction Hobbies Firefly Houseboat
A busy day with lots of progress. 

I put the interior floors together. The floors are on different levels so there's risers to install befor the flooring. I used some 1/8" square basswood for some extra strength for gluing. 

While that was drying I started to assemble the interior and exterior furniture. Mostly it's just doubling up the thicker basswood parts and sanding the edges. After that I painted all the parts in white.

Then I added the bedroom/ bathroom walls to the interior. the walls are very thin so I used some of the basswood squares to reinforce the joints.  I placed them in areas that won't be seen.

I then started to work on the exterior sides of the model. I plan to replicate the paint scheme on the packaging so I masked the sides using Tamiya masking tape.

and the finished sides. the kit has interior walls as well that you paint around the windows on the outside to show the window frames. I also painted the lower part of the hull in a silver, overcoated with clear flat to simulate aluminum.

By the time I was finished painting the sides, my glue on the floor had dried enough for me to start assembling the interior. The blue 'u' is the table seating, and there is cabinetry and a refrigerator on the other side of the boat.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interaction Hobbies Firefly Houseboat - by cnrglen - 11-26-2023, 10:45 PM