Interaction Hobbies Firefly Houseboat
Moving right along.

I attached the side walls, one at a time. This is where I had a few problems. I found that the tabs and slots don't always fit together. This could be that I have paint on the tabs and now they don't fit into the slots as well. I started to take my side cutters and trim the tabs back so parts fit a bit better. 

I also lost a small wall piece from the back bedroom but it won't be noticable. I did have to re-attach one wall as I didn't line it up quiote right to begin with. I'm finding most of the problems are small mistakes that I've made that compound later, but it's nothing I can't deal with.

After the walls were set up, I added the first roof, and the front and rear walls, windows and doors. I had to clamp the roof in a couple places but everything went together okay in the end. There is a second roof/deck that sits above this one that I haven't added yet. The gap between the two roofs would be where you would add the lighting.

I also added the propane storage lockers in the back and some deck locker boxes in the front.

I'm going to continure to work on the houseboat until I get another package from Interaction. That contains a kit that I have to complete before Christmas and time is running short.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interaction Hobbies Firefly Houseboat - by cnrglen - 12-03-2023, 04:07 PM