GERN TurfMaster Grass Blaster...
(08-23-2020, 06:16 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: ....I wonder how long the standing grass lasts before it starts to fall down?

I'd guess that a decent snowfall, once melted, will leave it looking pretty flat. Misngth

The key to getting it to stand up when applying it is a decent ground.  I've used a variety of metal objects, but the best results were with a hole drilled into the plaster-on-screen landforms, and the nail or wire plugged into the hole.  The strength of the current will determine the area of coverage, and eventually the nail will need to be relocated if more area needs to be covered.  A bit of coarse-ground foam can do duty as a weed to hide the hole, but I think that a scale-size groundhog could enhance the scene, too.

My grandkids often like to touch the grass, and are quite gentle when doing so, and it seems to stand-up well enough, although I think that a heavy-handed pass would require re-sodding.

I do have some areas where the grass looks as if a large herd of cattle (or maybe moose) have slept on it,leaving it pretty-much flattened - the cause was insufficient grounding and/or operator error. 35

Wayne
I did not use aluminum screen for my layout so a ground could be a problem. I wonder if adding some salt to the glue would make it a better conductor for the ground. Any thoughts here. 
Charlie
I don't think that the aluminum screen in my plaster land-forms plays much of a part in the process.  In the photos below, the static grass is standing on plywood...

Wayne
Wayne, I read your post from 8/23/2020 and somehow thought you had to have a good ground.  After watching some videos I guess that is easy to get. 
Charlie
Yeah, I usually use an alligator clip on a large nail...the nail may be in a hole in the "ground", or simply laying near to the area where the "grass" is being added.

Wayne
Is there some conduction through the wet glue?
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
I am going to try to build one of these this week. I will be letting everyone know if I get it done. 
Charlie