Bob_suruncle builds a layout
molten360 Wrote:Mind you.. That lil layout that's in the pic. The track is actually submerged in water. I would allow that one

Sounds like a story. Science project maybe??
-Dave
molten360 Wrote:Man. I do NOT miss that room at all. Too small. Ill gladly occupy the big space in the basement for another year.

Squid. Your layout doesnt count. It has to be more than the pic below

WHICH.. According to Bob.. It about what it is. Smile

All it needs is a Christmas tree Icon_lol

Molten,

You're entitled to your opinion, but until you move out of Bob's basement so he can build a real layout, and you actually build a layout, I'll give it the consideration it's due. Tongue

Besides, 85% of the folks over here, including Bob, I might add, think it's a layout.

So there. Tongue Tongue

And I'm not going to do the Christmas tree... it's been done to death. I've got a better idea. Icon_twisted

And the post-Katrina streetcar layout is neat, but I wouldn't be able to keep the cat out of it. Wink
Can I retract my vote? Icon_lol

More benchwork and some sub-roadbed down now as well as running 14ga solid bus wires .... one little piece of benchwork to complete behind the door and I can start laying down some cork

Attached Files Image(s)

Squidbait Wrote:Molten,

You're entitled to your opinion, but until you move out of Bob's basement so he can build a real layout, and you actually build a layout, I'll give it the consideration it's due. Tongue

He isnt entitled even to an opinion until he moves out of my basement! 357
got a few minutes to spend on the layout between hours in the store digitrax seminar and family responsibilities and was able to get down all the lower level cork under the window. If I am lucky... and I kinda feel lucky... I should have all lower level cork in place and some track by the weekend. I will post pics later this week hopefully with some trains on tracks.
more progress..... lower level track is going in. Should be able to run a train the full length tonight or at least by the end of this weekend.

Learned something new today: was laying the curve at the top of the picture and realized I would have a joint mid curve which of course kinked slightly so I cut about 4" of track off of one side of the joint and slid the rail from the other section of flex into the ties that were left empty.... I then installed joiners and while the track was still straight flowed in some solder... no more kink when I laid the curve.

Attached Files Image(s)

Progress is looking good Bob!! Good idea on laying that curve too, ill have to remember this when i finally get around to building another layout LOL
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Now THAT's a "lay-out"! Big Grin
Icon_lol thanks Mountain Man. And no Christmas tree in the middle of it either Icon_lol I am running trains! Lower section is now wired and fully operational. Running DCC using a Zephyr with a Dt400... I take back some of what I have said against the Zephyr... there are a couple of minor draw backs but with some knowledge (RTFM.. read the FINE manual) there are ways around the issues and some features that make it quite nice for a small layout.... I like it! It takes a bit more understanding to use it effectively and the MRC is certainly more user friendly but I still really like the Zephyr.

I never realized how many DCC loco's I had until I had track up and running 8-)
Your layout is really coming along nicely. Thumbsup Thumbsup

I'm sure that you're aware of this road Wink but others may enjoy seeing a few shots of the "prototype":

[Image: June2009railroadvacation163.jpg]

[Image: June2009railroadvacation161.jpg]

[Image: June2009railroadvacation169.jpg]

[Image: June2009railroadvacation180.jpg]

[Image: June2009railroadvacation174.jpg]

Wayne
Absolutely Wayne! I originally intended to model modern day FGLK but wanted steam for more than just excursions so back dated and made it all up. I have Atlas versions of U23 #2301 and 2303 with sound..... I know way too new for my layout but I had to have them... and thanks to my era I can run a couple of unchopped geeps in FGLK lightning stripes too.

Got to get a few minutes to rub together and start working on the upper section.
This thread is unusually quiet as of late.....

............and no recent rebuttal from Squidbait 219

......how is it going to end ? Popcornbeer
paris junction
CN Mile 30.73 Dundas Sub
Paris, Ontario
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.trainboard.com/railimages/showgallery.php/ppuser/3728/cat/500">http://www.trainboard.com/railimages/sh ... 28/cat/500</a><!-- m -->
RAILFAN products
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.brantfordmrclub.com/bumperstickers.html">http://www.brantfordmrclub.com/bumperstickers.html</a><!-- m -->
I haven't been doing much on the layout now that the really nice weather is here..... been playing with planes instead but I am ready to start the upper level now.

Squid was probably distracted by something shiny.... thats what usually happens Icon_lol
bob_suruncle Wrote:Squid was probably distracted by something shiny.... thats what usually happens Icon_lol

That's not true! I was busy working on my....

.... oh look! A butterfly!

Once you are done chasing butterflies maybe you can update everyone on how your Christmas tree..... errr.... I mean gravel loader/unloader centerpiece is coming along on your.... ummmm "layout" Tongue Wink