Make-up, please!...
Lest you think I'm weird, (that's a given,) did you know that make-up brushes have a legit use on models?? No, I don't mean those models, I'm talking about the model trains! Last year, my wife bought me a cheap make up kit from Wally-World for Christmas. The various sizes, shapes, and bristles are great for applying weathering powders. And the "sponges" that are in make up kits, are excellent for rubbing on, or blending in, various powders, too. The kits are ususally pretty cheap!! They will be having them out pretty soon for Christmas, and if you don't get one then, they'll be available for Valentine's day, and quite likely Mother's day, also. So guys, when the better half asks you what you want for Christmas, tell her a cheap makeup kit will do!!! Eek She'll look at you kinda weirdly, but.... Goldth
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
There was an article in Model Railroader a couple of years ago when someone was actually using make up kits, for applying paints and weathering. Thing was...she..Yep..SHE already it the stuff on hand.

Wonder if Better-Half would miss hers........?
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Yes, I've heard about this too ...

I was just looking at my set of weathering colours that I bought from my LHS a couple years ago and was amused how much it looked like a make-up kit !

Rob
Rob
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.robertrobotham.ca/">http://www.robertrobotham.ca/</a><!-- m -->
I can't remember her name, but another one of the clinics I attended at the 2008 NMRA national convention in Anaheim was put on by a lady from Texas who is an MMR modeling in n-scale. She was showing us some unusual tools and supplies for modeling that we might not normally think of. She not only uses make up brushes, but she uses the actual make up for weathering.
Ah HA!!!
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I have been wondering if some of the new "pure minerals" types of makeup would be useable.
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"