A few pictures....
MLW Wrote:Very nicely done indeed! I would not mind seeing more of your layout Thumbsup Thumbsup

What do you use for grass?

Again very well done. Confusedhock:

Thanks, MLW. Big Grin The grass and weeds are all done with Woodland Scenics ground foam, in various colours and sizes. I apply them dry, in as many layers as necessary to get the look that I want, then use the "wet water and dilute white glue" method to bond everything in place. In most areas near the tracks, track ballasting and roadways were done as part of the same operation.

Wayne
DoctorWayne: you are truely a Master Modeler. Your layout is awesome..
M. Sullivan
Division Superintendent
St. Louis Division
Chessie System Railroads
Wayne, thank you for posting these fantastic pics Barney took from some very interesting new angles. Absolutely awesome Thumbsup .
Kurt
Thanks for posting the "alternative" angle photos. Looking at your "RIP" track (I don't know if that is what you call it, but it looks like a RIP track Goldth ), it seems The track on one edge of my layout is about an equal distance from the edge Eek My eventual solution was going to be to put a small strip of plexiglass on that edge of the layout, that is removable for photos and such. But, my track is a mainline track, and not just a seldom used yard track!

Kevin
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Your pictures are great! Will never tire of see your world, especially throught the eyes of Barney.
Scott
Thank you for your quick reply. I wasn't sure if you used Buffalo grass.
Your scenery, buildings, tracks, rollign stocks, roads etc. looks great Thumbsup
Fabulous work Eek Thumbsup
Thats a well setup engine area. How do you like the TT? I like the way you built up the floor of the TT.
Errr would it be too much to ask for some pics of the bridge area, it looks great from a distance.The buildings look fantastic as well. Wow it all looks great.
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
It wouldn't be The Gauge without some of Doc Wayne's fine layout photos posted somewhere on the board. Thumbsup
Thank you for posting some of your urban parts - your buildings are AMAZING! I especially love that curved wall, I may have to borrow that idea from you! (with credit of course! lol)

- Dan
My thanks to all for the very kind words.  When the rush of helping to get things running settles down a bit, I'll have to get busy re-sizing my photos to be able to fit them into our Gallery here.  Currently, other than the single "place-holder" shots in the Gallery, all are linked from photobucket.  Over on Zealot, I have about 2600 photos in their Gallery, but all but a few didn't need to be re-sized.

wgrider Wrote:Thats a well setup engine area. How do you like the TT? I like the way you built up the floor of the TT.
Errr would it be too much to ask for some pics of the bridge area, it looks great from a distance.The buildings look fantastic as well. Wow it all looks great.

The turntable bridge was scratchbuilt around a pine block, using sides cut from a couple of Atlas through girder bridges, picked-up, used, for a couple of bucks.  I originally set it up to run with a crank on the layout facia, running via the gears in an electric hand mixer mounted below the layout, but found it more convenient to simply use my finger to push the table in the desired direction.  Current pick-up for one bridge rail is through the ring rail, via modified freight trucks, while the other rail is powered through a wiper on the centre shaft.  Indexing is by eye.  Here are a few shots, most not taken by Barney:

[Image: Foe-toesfromfirstcd395.jpg]

[Image: 100_5387.jpg]

[Image: 100_5382.jpg]

[Image: 100_5384.jpg]

[Image: TURNTABLE....jpg]

[Image: 100_5381.jpg]

The bridge track is Atlas code 83 flex, with the webs removed from between all ties.  I then inserted suitable-length basswood ties in each space between ties, then covered that with a deck of basswood planks.  The control cabin is styrene, and the handrails are brass wire in modified handrail stanchions from an Athearn blue box diesel.

[Image: Foe-toesfromfirstcd287.jpg]

[Image: Foe-toesfromTrainPhotos2007thirdcd1.jpg]

I'll replace these photos when I have an opportunity, as the right-hand one-third of the pictures is getting lopped off here.

Wayne
Flying a PT-17, are we? Thats a good plane!

Before trains (and even now) I was a major aviation enthusiast (I haven't yet found a good HO airplane to incorporate into the railroad. Didn't walthers used to make some DC3/C47s, P51s, and ME109s?).

Personally, i'd love a PBY, those Catalinas can go anywhere!

Also, awesome pictures!
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Here's Barney's plane, as originally found (apparently with some connection to farm equipment)...

[Image: Layoutviewsetc1-016B.jpg]

[Image: Layoutviewsetc1-017B.jpg]

....and a couple of shots of Barney and his plane, taken at the Lowbanks bridge over the Maitland River.

[Image: Assortedphotos033.jpg]

[Image: Assortedphotos028.jpg]

Judging by the photos, both b&w and colour, this was a planned event (it's doubtful that a Brownie would have been able to freeze the rotation of the prop) with professional photographers behind the cameras.

The only other known photos of Barney are "mug shots", and a few  clandestine photos not suitable for this venue.  I believe there were, at one time, "Customer of the Year" photos in several local beer and liquor outlets, too.

Wayne
absolutely amazing pictures Wayne!! I love the way the pics are "misted", that is such a cool affect and i really like it :mrgreen: Gives the real feeling of an cool early morning on the river with low lying fog and mist Thumbsup Thumbsup
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Barney's a bit of a daredevil, eh? All very nice photos, as usual.

Gary
Hi Gary, glad to see that you made it. Welcome

Wayne