Poll: Prior to reading this thread were you aware of the Rochelle Railroad Park?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No, I had never heard of it.
44.44%
8 44.44%
Yes, I had heard of it but did not know the details.
22.22%
4 22.22%
Yes, I know it quite well.
33.33%
6 33.33%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Rochelle Railroad Park
I have a simple question for you all tonight, prior to reading this thread were you aware of the Rochelle (Illinois) Railroad Park? Feel free to add comments regarding, though that's not the purpose of this thread.

~BS
Yeah Brian, i go there a few times every year Wink , its less then an hour from me Thumbsup .
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
ive never heard if it :oops: :oops: am i in trouble now? Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Trucklover Wrote:ive never heard if it :oops: :oops: am i in trouble now? Misngth

Josh, i have posted so many pics that i have taken from that park, and the areas around it, not to mention had disscusions on it, i KNOW you have had to have heard of it Wink .
Deano, thanks, honestly since i posted the reply above, i have been thinking (even was thinking about it when i just made my lunch a minute ago) and it does sound familiar, but i could not for the life of me remember where i had heard it before. Now that you say that is where you have taken countless pictures that you have shared with us, im really embarrassed Eek :oops: :oops: LOL
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Years ago i saw a web cam image of a train passing through it on Trains.com I think.

Ralph
railohio Wrote:I have a simple question for you all tonight, prior to reading this thread were you aware of the Rochelle (Illinois) Railroad Park? Feel free to add comments regarding, though that's not the purpose of this thread.

~BS

So, Brian, what is the purpose of this thread? Are you just checking to see who is familiar with the Rochelle RR Park, or do you have something to tell us about it? I have been going to Rochelle to Rail Fan a few times every year since 2001, whats up :?:

The RR park IS a great place to share stories with other Rail Fans, but NOT a great place to take pics, there are a few places to get better shots that are not to far from the park though Wink .
Heard of it but,never been there.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Heard of it, mostly from Deano Wink but i had seen pictures of their restored BN engine on other web sites. Have to go to the Ogden, Utah Railroad Museum before I think about going to far, far away ones Smile
Scott
Jesso Wrote:Heard of it, mostly from Deano Wink but i had seen pictures of their restored BN engine on other web sites. Have to go to the Ogden, Utah Railroad Museum before I think about going to far, far away ones Smile
Scott, your thinking of the IRM (Illinois Railway Museum), they have a restored BN engine Wink , not the Rochelle RR park .

The Rochelle RR Park DOES however have two engines on display though Wink , BOTH are old Whitcomb engines, one is restored, the other one is there for kids to play on. those engines represent the Whitcomb Engine Co., Whitcombs were made in Rochelle Ill.
The Whitcomb Engine Co. was a division of the Baldwin Locomotive works.

I have taken pictures of BOTH of the Whitcombs at the RR park, but can only seem to find the pics of the one shown below at this second. (BTW, that engine was donated to the park by WSOR)

Scott, i cant blame you for the mix up, i know you have followed several of my threads, and i have been to MANY different places, shown pics and discussed all of them in great detail, its an easy mistake to make Wink Smile .

[Image: whitcomb2.jpg]
See I can't keep anything straight. Wallbang I guess I live too far away from trains to know where anything is. Nearest track to me is about an hour and a half away. But still I can say the info I have on the Rochelle RR Park comes from Deano ;-)
Scott