invites?
Hope I don't rub a wrong note - but I tried for a minute to google this new site, and came up empty. Since posting the whereabouts of everyone on the old board is taboo, I am wondering if we are missing anyone, and if anyone "left behind" is suddenly wondering where we all went? Checking out the old site just briefly, I noticed a few names I haven't seen over here yet - and am hoping these folks just haven't gotten around to joining here. Did everyone get invited, or was it just a few notable names? Is it possible some of our friends got left out by mistake?
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Regarding searching the the new gauge in google.

The New Gauge does in fact show up in a google search, however, you have to type in "the-gauge.net" exactly like that. Right now, it is the first result. It is not titled the-gauge, it says "Under Maintenance" (DONT ask me how i figured this out or how in the heck i found it out Icon_lol ). I do not know why it comes up as "Under Maintenance" in the search results, but the web site it lists is The-gauge.net for that result, and when you click on it, it goes to the The-Gauge Main Forum Page..... The "Under Maintenance" might want to be changed, if we can do that or know why it us coming up with that title, not sure though lol
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
And about the members that may still be over on the "other" forum and may not know of the new gauge, When Mikey and Don sent out the invites for this forum a couple days ago to all the members on the other forum via members private e-mail addresses, Some of the e-mails came back as "undeliverable". My best bet would be that they no longer use there e-mails that they had originally signed up with the zealot or "old" gauge before the move, and thats they were "undeliverable". What we can do, is if you happen to be browsing the zealot forum and see a member that is still over there but not a member here on the new gauge, send them a PM on zealot and ask them to check there e-mail for the invite if they havent already, or ask them for there PRIVATE e-mail so you can forward the invite you got, or just the link to the new gauge so they can join up here Thumbsup
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Or perhaps they created a new handle on the way over? Dr G had a wonderful thread full of pics...Wonder if he is over here yet?

PS - I managed to create an avitar!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Josh, the search results shown on Google are not always up to date. The Big Blue comes up "under maintanance" in the search results, because when Googlebot (the search robot of Google) found the-gauge.net, it still was under maintenance. The robots of the search engines search the web constantly and put everything they find into the database of the search engine, but it may take days or even weeks until they come back to a site to update the data.

Kevin, I think quite a few created a new handle. With some of the members here I had to look twice, to regcognize an old friend from Zealot.
Kurt
nachoman Wrote:Hope I don't rub a wrong note - but I tried for a minute to google this new site, and came up empty. Since posting the whereabouts of everyone on the old board is taboo, I am wondering if we are missing anyone, and if anyone "left behind" is suddenly wondering where we all went? Checking out the old site just briefly, I noticed a few names I haven't seen over here yet - and am hoping these folks just haven't gotten around to joining here. Did everyone get invited, or was it just a few notable names? Is it possible some of our friends got left out by mistake?
To answer your original question, we invited just about anyone we could think of that we could find email addresses for.There was close to 200 names on our list, and around 35 of those came back as undeliverable. So far we've got about 120 of them registered here, so there are still a few that know about us, but haven't showed up yet. There are still a few people on the old site that don't seem to know we're here, so anyone knows how to contact them without using any other forums, (Zealot is not the only forum that frowns on using their site for recruiting), please do so.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I was able to piece together getting to this site by reading through the threads on the zealot forum. Someone from the 2guys forum posted in the thread, so I went to their forum to see what was being said, since info within the zealot forum was being so carefully worded (for good reason I might add). There was a thread over there that talked about what was going on at the zealot forum, and within that thread someone had posted a link to this new forum.

I guess my point is that for whoever is over at the the zealot forum, if they recognize something is going on (how could you not?), and the notice that many people have migrated somewhere else, there is enough of a trail of breadcrumbs for them to follow to get over here!
Mike

"Trust everyone, and always cut the cards".
W.C. Fields
Go Big1 Wrote:I was able to piece together getting to this site by reading through the threads on the zealot forum. Someone from the 2guys forum posted in the thread, so I went to their forum to see what was being said, since info within the zealot forum was being so carefully worded (for good reason I might add). There was a thread over there that talked about what was going on at the zealot forum, and within that thread someone had posted a link to this new forum.

I guess my point is that for whoever is over at the the zealot forum, if they recognize something is going on (how could you not?), and the notice that many people have migrated somewhere else, there is enough of a trail of breadcrumbs for them to follow to get over here!
Glad you made it, nice sleuthing Welcome
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:
nachoman Wrote:Hope I don't rub a wrong note - but I tried for a minute to google this new site, and came up empty. Since posting the whereabouts of everyone on the old board is taboo, I am wondering if we are missing anyone, and if anyone "left behind" is suddenly wondering where we all went? Checking out the old site just briefly, I noticed a few names I haven't seen over here yet - and am hoping these folks just haven't gotten around to joining here. Did everyone get invited, or was it just a few notable names? Is it possible some of our friends got left out by mistake?
To answer your original question, we invited just about anyone we could think of that we could find email addresses for.There was close to 200 names on our list, and around 35 of those came back as undeliverable. So far we've got about 120 of them registered here, so there are still a few that know about us, but haven't showed up yet. There are still a few people on the old site that don't seem to know we're here, so anyone knows how to contact them without using any other forums, (Zealot is not the only forum that frowns on using their site for recruiting), please do so.

Hmmmm see shows how much i knew Icon_lol I thought e-mails were sent out to all the members via there private e-mail lol
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Trucklover Wrote:Hmmmm see shows how much i knew Icon_lol I thought e-mails were sent out to all the members via there private e-mail lol
Not really, when using the vBulletin email system, you still can't see the email address of the recipient, but they can see yours when they get the message. Unlike PMs though, I'm not sure if the email content stays on the forum or not.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I haven't been awfuly active on the Gauge in recent years (more so on the "old" Gauge) so I don't consider myself one of the "notables" mentioned in the first post but, I did hear about this from another member and did get an invite from Mikey. I believe word will get around and membership will steadily increase, not only by those who follow us here but, also, by entirely new members.

Dick