End of the Line
I neglected to mention that Wayne was not the only other Gauge person there, CSI guy, Railcop, and Bob R who lurks but hasn't posted yet were in attendance. CNnutbar wanted to come, but had prior commitments.
Sorry about the oversight guys.
Charlie
Congratulations and well done Charlie! I agree about the last photo with the train heading away. Very poetic!
Nice gifts by the way!
Ralph
All the best, Charlie. There are bright days ahead, just as there are bright days behind you. Big Grin

-Crandell
Charlie,

Best of luck upon your retirement. That has such a nice sound to it! I'll never forget the time, when no trains were running, you fired up the Alco and took me for a ride. Way cool!

Mike Kubiak
Congratulations on your retirement - I am sure you'll be busier than ever before...! Wink

Great photos, and the snow swirling in that "End of the Line" shot is just perfect! Thumbsup

Andrew
74volts Wrote:Charlie,

Best of luck upon your retirement. That has such a nice sound to it! I'll never forget the time, when no trains were running, you fired up the Alco and took me for a ride. Way cool!

Mike Kubiak
Wow, Thanks for the reply, and thanks for joining us. You will find this to be a very great group, of guys and gals...Look around.
Charlie
Here's a link to the Kiski Junction website. If you're ever in the area, check it out. You'll find not only a real working railroad, with a sweet-running Alco on the roster, but also a friendly and dedicated crew, comprised of both employees and volunteers. You'll enjoy the train ride and the scenery, and you'll enjoy the hospitality even more. I've visited three times, and plan to go back again.

Wayne
Great story. Great photos. Thanks for sharing and congrats on your retirement! Cheers
Congratulations Charlie----I'm sure when you look back on your career you will be filled with many wonderful memories---I know that you helped created one of those times that I'll never forget---looking forward to getting together again soon

[Image: 2009penn1102.jpg]

[Image: 2009penn1100.jpg]
Well friends, I guess I can say it is now offical. I'm retired from the Railroad. Here is my new motive power.     Cheers
It is bittersweet, but sure nice to look at the snow and not have to clean switches.
Charlie
Congratulations, and may you always have a clear line ahead.
Thanks MM, I feel thankful I made it this far. 40 years ago I would not have bet on it Goldth
Charlie
I wouldn't have bet on myself, either. That was Viet Nam.
This is my first post on Big Blue, been lurking long enough. I was a volunteer at the Kiski Junction 1996-2003 and went back again this year. Charlie & Mary are two of the best friends I have ever had and feel very blessed to have worked with them. Through Charlie I was able to reach my life long dream of being an engineer (only took 40 years!!) and am grately appreciative of that! Once again Charlie, thanks for the education, all the great times and most of all HAPPY RETIREMENT!!!!

Take care,
Bob R.
Hello Bob. I'm glad you posted. Now your feet are wet, come on in. Welcome
Charlie