The Trains In Snow thread
Some Great stuff here Smile Smile That engine should be "out" by July!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Here are a few of the G Climax, from me......    

and with the Big Blue Plow!! Bogged down in the snow, of course Nope Nope Nope    

Note the depth of the snow Eek Eek Eek in my driveway!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
All my own photos (so don't steal them)

[Image: IORY4084CurveHamlerOH1-7-04Small.jpg]

[Image: IORY4085LeipsicOH1-2-03Small.jpg]

[Image: IORY4085NearHamlerOH1-2-03Small.jpg]

[Image: IORY4085XNJct1-2-03Small.jpg]

[Image: IORY4085NearXNJct1-2-03Small.jpg]

[Image: IORY5001HamlerOHSmall.jpg]

[Image: NYSW4052LoopOttawaOH1-30-03Small.jpg]

[Image: NYSW4054HamlerOH1-2-03Small.jpg]
Snow on the backtrack. A CNJ freight sits and waits for a clear signal to proceed on to Penobscot.        
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Nice shots, Steve. Who makes those DFA-4 (aka Baldwin Babyface) diesels?

Wayne
Wouldn't think of stealing your pics Brain.
Can I borrow a couple though?.....Just kidding.

Those brown and red units...What road are they? Providence and Worcester?
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Just took this one today Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Burlington,NJ Feb 2009

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

another cold and snowy day today at the Kiski Junction railroad.

Todd

Attached Files Image(s)

Lucky Yanks (as Chief Eagles would say...), you get to have all the fun... 2285_

Last time it snowed here was 6-7 years ago (on Christmas Eve), and that was the first snowfall in over a CENTURY...!!! Eek
Gus (LC&P).
sorry doctorwayne for not getting back to you right away. They are Hallmark models DR441500's that I modified by adding larger fuel tanks, and dynamic brake shrouds to more closely match the CNJ prototype. While not exact they are close. At the time I did them no CNJ version was available, 6 months after I completed them Overland announced that they were going to produce the CNJ model Nope . I know someone with an unmodified "A-B" set that is for sale if your interested just let me know and I'll put you in touch with him.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
e-paw Wrote:They are Hallmark models DR441500's that I modified by adding larger fuel tanks, and dynamic brake shrouds to more closely match the CNJ prototype. While not exact they are close. At the time I did them no CNJ version was available, 6 months after I completed them Overland announced that they were going to produce the CNJ model Nope . I know someone with an unmodified "A-B" set that is for sale if your interested just let me know and I'll put you in touch with him.

Thanks, Steve: while yours look good, I've gotten rid of most of my diesels and don't really want to get back into them. I'll more likely be getting rid of some steam, as I have more than I really need or have room for.

Wayne
Here are a few to remind us what is coming with this batch of winter storms. These were taken In 77 and 79.
Stay safe, Dress for the weather, and get out there and get those pictures of trains battling the snow.
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

Brrrr! Worth being out there in the snow to capture those pictures though! Thumbsup Interesting lashup with the P&LE train.
Ralph
The P&LE used the 1500's as road units all the time, but I don't recall seeing one as a lead unit. You knew that the P&LE was a part of PC until it broke away at the advent of Conrail
Charlie
Two pics taken today of Winchester and Western and Conrail Shared Assets MI-21 at Millville,NJ

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)