N-2TRAK to On30
Reinhard,
You are right.There is wall to wall carpeting under the blue tarp.The tarp will remain till we get the modules done then the layout will come down the tarp removed and the layout reconstructed.

We only get about 2 hours a week to work on the layout.So progress is slow but we are making progress.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
We got some more done on the end module last night.It now has permanant legs attached to it ,the angled corner piece is in and most of the styrofoam supports are done.

With a wee bit of luck we will be gluing down road bed and installing track with in the next 2 weeks Big Grin

[Image: on30_6.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

It won't be long now. :mrgreen: That's my partner in crime Bill on the inside of the layout

[Image: on30_7.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Nuther update pic,this is probably the longest layout project I've ever worked on.Camera angle is abit distorted.The road bed will actually curve around to meet the roadbed on Bill's module.My side of the layout is to the left in the picture.

[Image: on30_8.jpg]

In case anybody is interested in what Bill is doing,He is laying out the track plan for his new tinplate switching layout.He is using the On30 modules because he has enough length to plot out the track work.Once he has it all figured out he will be building modules for it and it will become another traveling layout for shows.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Well this thread is in hibernation.We have lost our happy On30 home.With a little luck we will have a new forever home come next January.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Well I don't know if it will be a forever home but the layout has a new home once we get started on it.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Ok, the layout has a new home at our club (we may actually get it done this time :mrgreen: Anyway here are a couple pics to show what progress we have made so far (since 7pm this evening).

[Image: on30-a.jpg]

[Image: on30-b.jpg]

Hopefully I can post at least one update a week as we try to get it built and operational before 11-23-13.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

We are making progress.How's this for a 20 year old module? Two coats of Future on the water and new roadbed to convert to On30.Everything else is as built. :mrgreen: (That's my friend Bill in the picture)

[Image: oldtimer.jpg]

Couple pics of Excursion train #1.This is Bill's train.

[Image: pennsy-1.jpg]

[Image: pennsy-2.jpg]

My Porter hauling the freight on the straight module

[Image: porter_a.jpg]

Excursion train #2.This is my train.Both my Porter and my 2-6-0 have Banta Models laser cabs.

[Image: trippin2.jpg]

We still have a long ways to go but it will be operating by our April 2014 club openhouse. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
This railroad now has a official name.From this point forward the READING & UNION CITY EASTERN RR. is moving to the layout forum. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"