Big Blue NASCAR 2010 Racin'!!!!
Puddlejumper Wrote:Don't get me started with the 48. With the support of a team the size of Hendricks Motorsports... aww shucks let me shut up. I am not going to start a ruckus on the Gauge over NASCAR! My driver, Kasey Kahne, has had his good years and his bad years, but I guess with his team changing up, and switching to Ford, his groove might be off, but not TOO far off...
This thread is set up for Just that very thing Big Grin Big Grin

If you have something PG rated to say - Go ahead LOL

We all Must Remember - this is a game!!! Smile Smile

extending Hype to a driver is more than welcome Smile Smile I know i used to really lean on the 24 car Smile Smile

~~~ It's all in fun!!!!!!! Smile But I do respect your position Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Well... if everyone agrees that it is ALL IN FUN and no hurt feelings ensue... I think Hendricks Motorsports and all the teams involved have an unfair advantage over most of the other teams. Of course, there are good cars on many teams, and many teams have multiple cars, but I don't get why the Hendricks cars dominate so much... and I don't believe it's the driver's skills either. For a while I thought they were dirty, after NASCAR kept handing out penalties left and right to Hendricks cars...

For example, my driver Kasey Kahne is an AWESOME driver. Has won many races, has had even more poles, won rookie of the year, but really only had one good season (okay, one and a half. LOL). After that good season he got multiple sponsorships and special paint schemes and then he tanked the next season. I truly believe the set up of the cars means everything and when you have 5 cars in the Cup series (vs. 2 cars) you have more to work with to gather information on set up, etc. So it really is an advantage to be part of a BIG organization, like Jimmy and Jeff are.

On the spectator side of things it would be nice to not have the same driver win every week too. That is one good thing about this year so far. JJ is good, just like always, but he isn't completely dominating the series, which to me makes it boring to watch.

Whew!! I feel better now that I've vented! LOLOL! Misngth Misngth Misngth
-Dave
Being a Jr. fan.....I will shut up.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Puddlejumper Wrote:On the spectator side of things it would be nice to not have the same driver win every week too. That is one good thing about this year so far. JJ is good, just like always, but he isn't completely dominating the series, which to me makes it boring to watch.

Whew!! I feel better now that I've vented! LOLOL! Misngth Misngth Misngth

I was saying that today to one of my friends.. Unreal!!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Hasn't JJ won 3 out of 5 so far? Sounds like he is still dominating so far Wink Though I am not complaining with Junior and Martin on the same team.
Jim

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://dieseldetailer.proboards53.com/index.cgi">http://dieseldetailer.proboards53.com/index.cgi</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.okmtc.com/community/index.php">http://www.okmtc.com/community/index.php</a><!-- m -->
I will admit that having a big organization behind you is an advantage. But you still have to have an excellent driver / crew chief relationship. JJ and Chad Knaus may be the epitome of working together. One only needs to look at another Hendricks driver, Earnhardt Jr to see the difference. If Jr's name wasn't Earnhardt, I am not sure he would get the rides he does get and certainly not the sponsorships. Without trying to be mean, I think the best ride Jr ever got was on his dads coattails.
dwight77
There's so many variables in racing... As has been mentioned - Crew chief/driver... Pit crew - tools, machinery, engine builders etc etc etc.

The team has everything there... Hendrick's and Martin's experience, lots of top designers, great camaraderie Between Teams, and inside teams... it's amazing to watch and yes insane at the same time.

JJ may get 5 cups.. But if he keeps winning almost every week, he's going to start falling down the Jeff Gordon "Hate to see him win again" pit.

Junior?? I Don't know - He's still a lost soul, how can Martin win, Johnson win and Jr. Not Win????? I think he's still not in his groove, whether it's because of his last accident or the relationship with his crew and crew chief, does he really feel comfortable racing for the team he's with?? Who knows...

I'm waiting to see what happens when they dump these stupid wings.. Maybe he needs the spoilers back....

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Can you hear the comments?!?!? Junior wins!! Seems he just needed to be "Spoiled" Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Oh yeah - something else.... No one has the guts to say it on TV - but Chad is pretty much like King Richard Petty... "He knows his stuff!!!" ... He can "Guess" and make a damn good guess - as to how to run the days setups as he gets feedback during the race from JJ... He's a mixture of Earnhardt Sr. and Petty.... and Johnson can see the air that Earnhardt Sr. was said to be able to see

But no one dares to say it....
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

ngauger Wrote:JJ may get 5 cups.. But if he keeps winning almost every week, he's going to start falling down the Jeff Gordon "Hate to see him win again" pit.

I agree. It is already that way for a lot of fans, me included, and not because my driver isn't winning either. It is to the point now that I don't root FOR a certain driver, just any driver but HIM.

Quote:Junior?? I Don't know - He's still a lost soul, how can Martin win, Johnson win and Jr. Not Win????? I think he's still not in his groove, whether it's because of his last accident or the relationship with his crew and crew chief, does he really feel comfortable racing for the team he's with?? Who knows...

I think Junior is a better driver than most give him credit for. That whole fiasco between him and his mom really shook things up, I really think if he had been able to keep an interest in his old team and stay with DEI he would have been better off. He is just WAY out of his groove right now.

I appreciate that we can debate and such now! I had been waiting for it but too nervous to start it!
-Dave
ngauger Wrote:Oh yeah - something else.... No one has the guts to say it on TV - but Chad is pretty much like King Richard Petty... "He knows his stuff!!!" ... He can "Guess" and make a damn good guess - as to how to run the days setups as he gets feedback during the race from JJ... He's a mixture of Earnhardt Sr. and Petty.... and Johnson can see the air that Earnhardt Sr. was said to be able to see
Just remember how many races Jeff Burton won when Knaus was he crew chief. So yeah, Chad know his stuff.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Week 6

Moved up
Moved Down
Stayed in same spot

N-Gauger -------------------------- N gauger --------------- 649
The Gem Doctor ----------------- Lightbender ------------ 599
w8jy ------------------------------- W8JY ------------------- 554
cabforward 77 -------------------- Dwight77 -------------- 552
eightyeightfan184 ---------------- Eightyeightfan1 ------- 541
Sarge Racing ---------------------- Sarge ------------------- 509
Jesso ------------------------------ Jesso -------------------- 501
puddlejumper's racing ----------- Puddlejumper --------- 433

Remember - if you want to see your overall positions, you have to go look at the league - these are only the positions for this week.

Well - the Boys and Girls have another weekend off... This is the traditional Easter Break, so that all employees of the teams, the drivers, the crews and the media can spend time with their families.... Have A Happy and Safe Easter!!!!! We'll see you on April 10 at Phoenix for a Saturday Night Race!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Well - Martin Truex Jr. finally got a good "top 5" finish!! Smile Smile and Ryan Newman got a 4th!!! Not too shabby Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Joey got a 2nd but my overalls are rubbish
Looks like I'm heading for another year of tailgunner

Tony.
lightbender Wrote:Joey got a 2nd but my overalls are rubbish
Looks like I'm heading for another year of tailgunner

Tony.
Remember - you can trade drivers at anytime and every week Big Grin Big Grin You don't have to keep the same ones...
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Week 7

Moved up
Moved Down
Stayed in same spot

Sarge Racing ---------------------- Sarge ------------------- 761
The Gem Doctor ----------------- Lightbender ------------ 715
N-Gauger -------------------------- N gauger --------------- 650
w8jy ------------------------------- W8JY ------------------- 649
eightyeightfan184 ---------------- Eightyeightfan1 ------- 685
Jesso ------------------------------ Jesso -------------------- 677
cabforward 77 -------------------- Dwight77 -------------- 639
puddlejumper's racing ----------- Puddlejumper --------- 556

Remember - if you want to see your overall positions, you have to go look at the league - these are only the positions for this week.

Heading down to Texas for a "later" race - starts at 3:00 PM Eastern!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

I guess I shouldn't have been hoping for the rain we got up here. Not on race weekend 35 35
Jim

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://dieseldetailer.proboards53.com/index.cgi">http://dieseldetailer.proboards53.com/index.cgi</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.okmtc.com/community/index.php">http://www.okmtc.com/community/index.php</a><!-- m -->