Charlie b's layout
Looking good!
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
And yet another different scheme.  I still need to let it dry and clear coat it. The decal lines disappear with the clear.     
Charlie
five by five.
Jim
One more today. Time to quit.      Charlie
Awesome work Charlie.
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/

Very cool!. I have about 4 of the FDDM&S on my layout. Thanks for posting.

On another note I've been reviewing Road Runner cartoons to find an appropriate color for the box car. So far it seems that most Acme products arrive in a dirty yellow container. But I've only watched 8 of the 49 cartoons so far. It's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it.

Thanks again.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
(03-15-2024, 03:10 AM)FiatFan Wrote: Very cool!.  I have about 4 of the FDDM&S on my layout.  Thanks for posting.

On another note I've been reviewing Road Runner cartoons to find an appropriate color for the box car.  So far it seems that most Acme products arrive in a dirty yellow container.  But I've only watched 8 of the 49 cartoons so far.  It's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it.

Thanks again.

Tom

I have not done this one in the prototypical color. According to the decal instructions it should be freight car red but I had some extra blue cars so I freelanced the color.  The  Acme cars I did in gold would have shoed better in yellow.  
Charlie

Hi Charlie---some really neat cars but my favourite so far is the Central Vermont reefer.
I have to agree, I like the CV refer even though it is supposed to be silver. It is my layout I can paint what ever color suits me.   Icon_e_biggrin
I did a couple more. I spent the whole day in the barn.         
Charlie
I was going to start painting an Atlas Alco S1 tonight but decided to install the decoder first. I actually bought a TSC drop in decoder and it took longer to install then any of the hard wired ones I have done simply because the instructions said nothing excep to be sure the bottom brush was isolated, so I milled the frame on the bottom for a little clearance and put it back together. It was then that I realized that the decoder would not send power to the lower brush unless it was touching the motor frame. The top brush is insulated.  So, I removed the insulating washer and installed the decoder and it works fine. It was then that I discovered it was going chitty chitty bang bang going down the track so after tearing things apart I discovered a bad gear in the front power truck. /A $1.50 part from Atlas with 8.50 shipping. I ordered 2 of these gears and two of the one it turns so I will have spares. I know somewhere I probably have a front power truck but it won't turn up for months.  Icon_e_biggrin

I painted this box car for the CNW. I know it isn't prototype but it looks good to me and I got rid of a few more old decals.    

Charlie
Some great looking boxcars Charlie.
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/
I did manage to get decals on 2 more cars today. I would have done more but I took time to find a few things i had stashed for other projects.

the weather is supposed to be lousy tomorrow so I will continue with decals. I think I only have 9 left that re painted, then I have some caboose kits to build and install lighting and markers.           Looks like the logo is messed up on Bils box car. I will try to fix it tomorrow. I didn't see it before.
Charlie
Looking good. Glad to see decals not going to waste.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery