Scratch HO Skeletal Container Chasis
Hi, all.. .  this is a first time post .. Trucklover's thread " Old Dominion Freight Lines Models " is the inspiration and encouragement (also some from DoctorWayne-thanks!) of this post... Below are images (some with notations) of scratch-built skeletal container chassis made out in the color/marking of the International Container Terminal & Services, Inc (ICTSI) based in the Philippines.. the chassis is a What-If and generic for the real intermodal company..

[Image: no05copyofdsc04698.jpg]

(mage containing briefs on how and with what the project was constructed)
[Image: no01copyofdsc04682.jpg]

(additional images of nearly completed skeletal)
[imgg]http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1100/no02copyofdsc04695.jpg[/img]

[Image: no03copyofdsc04696.jpg]

[Image: no04copyofdsc04697.jpg]

[Image: copyofno06copyofdsc0469.jpg]

[Image: no06bcopyofdsc04687.jpg]

the double crew cab is one of the six that came as gift from the owner of Gulf-Atlantic-Pacific HO Railroad in Arcadia Florida (USA)... while the 40-foot container is made (it's a poor man's project) of cardstock... the tires are 87th scale resin casts made by a fellow modeler member of IPMS-Philippines Bert Anido chapter . .

And, finally the decal sheet.. earlier was described as Ink-Jet printed  was actually done  with ALPS MD5500 Printer due to the presence of the white image on the decals....
[Image: ictsidecalsin87tha64.jpg]

Said project  is a first time build  and, admittedly, is not error free... hopefully the next subject in line would become the master for a resin cast aiming at creating several copies for our (my and my grand-children's) modular Intermodal module layout...

Thank you for reading...

Farouk

(Muhammad Farouk S. Tan
HARIBON Decals
Tumaga, Zamboanga City
The Philippines)
Very good work! Congratulations Thumbsup
Reinhard
Farouk, Greetings ! A beautiful bit of craftsmanship, and inventive use of commonly available materials...congratulations on your excellent work and thank you for sharing the photos and some of the method of the project...more techniques to try to wrap my head around...Ouch!! 35 Bob C.
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Yes, welcome to the forum! And thanks for posting the photos of your work. Great job, hope to see more of it. Thumbsup
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
That's amazing!! Great detail work!! Boy, now i've got to learn something new!! My head hurts!! Eek
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
That's awesome! Impressive use of everyday items, and a beautiful model. Nicely done!
Many, many thanks for the WELCOME and KIND WORDS, kind people...

Sincerely,

Farouk
(03-10-2010, 03:32 AM)tausugair Wrote: Hi, all.. .  this is a first time post .. Trucklover's thread " Old Dominion Freight Lines Models " is the inspiration and encouragement (also some from DoctorWayne-thanks!) of this post... Below are images (some with notations) of scratch-built skeletal container chassis made out in the color/marking of the International Container Terminal & Services, Inc (ICTSI) based in the Philippines.. the chassis is a What-If and generic for the real intermodal company..

[Image: no05copyofdsc04698.jpg]

(mage containing briefs on how and with what the project was constructed)
[Image: no01copyofdsc04682.jpg]

(additional images of nearly completed skeletal)
[imgg]http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1100/no02copyofdsc04695.jpg[/img]

[Image: no03copyofdsc04696.jpg]

[Image: no04copyofdsc04697.jpg]

[Image: copyofno06copyofdsc0469.jpg]

[Image: no06bcopyofdsc04687.jpg]

the double crew cab is one of the six that came as gift from the owner of Gulf-Atlantic-Pacific HO Railroad in Arcadia Florida (USA)... while the 40-foot container is made (it's a poor man's project) of cardstock... the tires are 87th scale resin casts made by a fellow modeler member of IPMS-Philippines Bert Anido chapter . .

And, finally the decal sheet.. earlier was described as Ink-Jet printed  was actually done  with ALPS MD5500 Printer due to the presence of the white image on the decals....
[Image: ictsidecalsin87tha64.jpg]

Said project  is a first time build  and, admittedly, is not error free... hopefully the next subject in line would become the master for a resin cast aiming at creating several copies for our (my and my grand-children's) modular Intermodal module layout...

Thank you for reading...

Farouk

(Muhammad Farouk S. Tan
HARIBON Decals
Tumaga, Zamboanga City
The Philippines)

The only photo that remains to show (off ) a grandson of what a grandfather had been thinking (expecting of) about his coming of age (being, rather)... The completed project was requested , as gift, by the owner of the Logo emblazoned the side of the card container the subject skeletal is carrying... affording no " in the flesh " appreciation.... Blame it to PC crash (never mind ImageShack UNDOING).... Hope you'd appreicate it... 
Best regards
Farouk

Attached Files Image(s)

Very nicely-done, Farouk,  Applause Applause Applause   it's good to hear from you again.

I tried to re-activate the earlier photos, but to no avail.

Cheers,

Wayne
(06-17-2022, 10:00 AM)doctorwayne Wrote: Very nicely-done, Farouk,  Applause Applause Applause   it's good to hear from you again.

I tried to re-activate the earlier photos, but to no avail.

Cheers,

Wayne

These are links to photos that were on our old software and were not updated when we changed. They can only be restored with new photos which we can do if Farouk supplies us with either the photos or links. Sorry, but they are now 12 years old....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
You're right, Don, it has been a while.

Wayne
(06-17-2022, 11:36 AM)doctorwayne Wrote: You're right, Don, it has been a while.

Wayne

To Admin and Dr. Wayne ... thanks for the kind gesture.. appreciated it much... Salaam... Farouk