Your input needed
e-paw Wrote:Sounds good , But I'm following N-gaugers lead and watch from the sidelines . I got to get some work done on the layout.

dunno 'bout anybody else....but that makes me nervous!! Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Good contest idea. I'll be interested to see what everyone else does, but most likely, I will also not be able to participate. All my time is being devoted to getting some trains running.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Does it have to be something new and unstarted? I need a jolt to get me to finish a few things.

(For next year: finish your oldest incomplete project?)
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
BR60103 Wrote:For next year: finish your oldest incomplete project?
Oooooh. I like the sound of that one.
BR60103 Wrote:Does it have to be something new and unstarted? I need a jolt to get me to finish a few things.

Hmm. Only if I can lie about which one is oldest Cheers But, an excellent suggestion!!! (maybe a winter challenge?)
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
BR60103 Wrote:Does it have to be something new and unstarted? I need a jolt to get me to finish a few things.

Good question. I'm of the opinion it should be a new project. We can talk about working on something older in the fall. I'm probably just a guilty as anyone in that respect with about four or five things I started and have put aside.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I have been putting off the Keystone Model Works "Danby Sawmill" for five years now. I know I should get at it...I have done some finer modelling than simply gluing plastic kits since purchasing it, so there isn't much excuse...just no enthusiasm. Maybe a contest like the one just proposed, but later in the fall, would be good.

-Crandell
Based on what you all have said so far, I think we'll go ahead with the "anything goes, new structure build challenge" for the summer, then hold a "fall cleanup" challenge starting in September. That way we can all get some of our half-finished projects some new meaning in life, but not have to worry about it until this fall...

I think both challenges will provide something for everybody. Sometimes, these challenges are the only time I get something meaningful completed. Like a lot of us, I'm really good at starting something, but always finding some excuse not to finish it.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I just got back from a road trip, and didn't have a computer. So I guess you all waited til I was gone to decide.(Shhhh....don't tell Ed....)

Anyway, I WOULD have suggested, a contest like we had before. Taking a junk building and scratchbashing it into something else. But, as always, a day late and an idea short.

Besides, with my time restraints, I'm going to have to decline.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
I'll see what I can do. I bought a kit from a new manufacturer last month and I may be able to work on it away from home.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Structures? Smile I'm sure I could find something to build ... 8-)

If I have to, I could put the "Cute Little Crummies" aside again for a little while ... to build a structure? Oh, yeah ... I could do that. Thumbsup

biL
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
So...Is this on, or what..?? I'm already starting to build the roundhouse.... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
Steamtrains Wrote:So...Is this on, or what..?? I'm already starting to build the roundhouse.... Goldth
I think w're going from june 1 to September 1 --- but wait for ezday's announcement to confirm it Smile Smile Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Yep, hang in there, just a few more days until we get going on this. Look for an announcement really really soon.
:hey: 2285_ 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Can we start yet? Can we start yet? Can we start yet? 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2296_ 2296_
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln