Rail Prep for Handlaying - Never Dull Polish
Hi all,

I recently purchased a good stock of Micro Engineering rail that had been stored for some time. As a result, there was some corrosion and tape goop here and there.

I used a metal cleaner produced by Eagle One called "Never Dull" to clean it. It's effective, and long lasting - I've had the can in the photo for about 20 years! (Who knows, it may be illegal now)

Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio
Fluesheet Wrote:... a metal cleaner produced by Eagle One called "Never Dull" to clean it. It's effective, and long lasting - I've had the can in the photo for about 20 years! (Who knows, it may be illegal now)

357 357 357 357 357 357 Thanks! I needed that! You really made me laugh!

I have a tin that looks just like that one, with about that much material left in it and I've had it at least twenty years, if not more! Have you been in my garage?

Really, I opened it up, pulled a piece off and polished the chrome frame of my lounge, the end of which is visible in one of the photos in my "Building a small fleet of very small cabooses" thread. The wadding still works great!!! Thumbsup

Amazing stuff!

biL
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
bil, do you use it on your track? With what results for electrical transfer? I've heard that silver polish really helps.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Gary ... I have not tried it on any track, sorry. I am still unpacking after a move into new quarters. I have found many things (some things that I haven't seen in years) and a device to put power to rail is not yet amonst the "discovered." When In find the Tech II I'll give it a shot and post the results.

biL
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
P5se Camelback Wrote:I have a tin that looks just like that one, with about that much material left in it and I've had it at least twenty years, if not more! Have you been in my garage?
biL

HA! Or..... maybe we share the same garage - but in different times!

As far as the electrical conductivity question Gary S, I too, don't know as I started using this to solve a problem specific to a batch of rail. The shelf layout is getting close to running trains - I'll know more then, but I don't expect any problems. You have to wipe the Never Dull off after you're done polishing, so there shouldn't be anything between clean wheels and clean rail.
Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio