The 2010 Summer Structure Challenge is here
Hey biL, I vote for the GERN facility! Glad to see your interest in the challange. These things are so much fun as it is great to see what everyone is doing, and instructive to see various methods of completing the projects. I have certainly benefitted greatly from hanging out here at The Gauge!
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
I think I have something in mind

But mine wont just be simply one structure.... I see we have until September 7th to complete this challenge, but I want to know if what i have in mind will be okay LOL

Some of you guys may have seen the thread i started about the Hotel Under Construction module... This is what im thinking for this challenge. I havnt worked on it in a while, but this should motivate me to get going again on it.I will be doing an entire module, and it will consist of 2 structures (2 hotel towers under construction) with a walkway bridge connecting the 2. Large cranes, tons of construction equipment, and a typical messy job site will all top off the scene. Im not sure what size module I will be building, but I was thinking something that was 2x4 or 2x5' to allow plenty of room for lots of details to the construction site...

So my question, with what I just described above, would this be okay for my entry to this challenge?
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
The awning on that round house is interesting, I can't remember ever seeing anything like that before.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AROUND HERE????

Where are all the progress pics of all y'all's projects??? Where has everyone been???? Forum has been awfully slow the past couple of days!
Gary S Wrote:
WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AROUND HERE????

Where are all the progress pics of all y'all's projects??? Where has everyone been???? Forum has been awfully slow the past couple of days!

I don't know about the rest, but I've been busy cutting and applying 7,468 shingles ( approximately ). Yeah, I've got 32 left to cut and apply. 2285_ 2285_
Progress photos at 11
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
In my case...RL got in the way.... Curse But not to worry...I have been working on the **@//3%!!* doors and I'm in the hinging stage. Hopefully that will be taken care of over the wekend, and then it's on to the roof..!!
Gus (LC&P).
Steamtrains Wrote:..... and then it's on to the roof..!!

Nooooo! Don't jump!! It can't be that bad. 357 357

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:
Steamtrains Wrote:..... and then it's on to the roof..!!

Nooooo! Don't jump!! It can't be that bad. 357 357

Wayne
Not to worry, we've got Pete into therapy. One thing they've suggested is that he build a roof with 14,000 singles, one at a time. Just about twice what he's finishing now, but enough to keep him from thinking about jumping. 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I've been underwater a lot this past 3 weeks. Last weekend, I took a group of divers to Lake Travis outside Austin Tex for some techinical deep training. The area where we dive is basically the top of an old cliff before the dam was built. Someone was having an outdoor movie night, with a giant blow up screen that was facing the water. There were over 300 Texas Longhorn coeds floating just offshore in inner tubes watching "Jaws" Popcornbeer . Drinking a lot of beer I might add Cheers
After training dives were over, at around 11pm, just as the famous da dum...da dum shark music started, I sneaked back in the water downshore and dropped down a few feet, and swam under all the dangling feet, grabbed a few toes and wreaked almost as much havoc as the shark did! I never heard so much screaming and yelling...Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Couldn't resist, after all it was JAWS for crying out loud Icon_twisted
Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191
Richard, that's hilarious! I can just imagine the havoc you wreaked! Too funny!

Yo! Richard ... Scubee dood!

That is just too funny! I wish I could have been there to witness that one ... Icon_lol Icon_lol 8-)
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
ezdays Wrote:Not to worry, we've got Pete into therapy. One thing they've suggested is that he build a roof with 14,000 singles, one at a time. Just about twice what he's finishing now, but enough to keep him from thinking about jumping. 2285_

Do I have to wear the " jacket " Doctor? I know It isn't a formal dinner.....

Oh, and calculating at 72 shingles/ square inch......I've now cut and attached 16,334 shingles...or an average of 327/year....ARRRRGHHHHHH That's a shingle a day for the last fifty years ( approximately ) !!!!!! Confusedhock: Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Sumpter250 Wrote:Oh, and calculating at 72 shingles/ square inch......I've now cut and attached 16,334 shingles...or an average of 327/year....ARRRRGHHHHHH That's a shingle a day for the last fifty years ( approximately ) !!!!!! Confusedhock: Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
You know, they now have a shot you can take to prevent shingles. I only hope it's not too late for you since they won't cure you if you already have them. 2285_ Shoot
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:You know, they now have a shot you can take to prevent shingles. I only hope it's not too late for you since they won't cure you if you already have them. 2285_ Shoot

I don't need no stinking shot........I'll just glue them to structures. Goldth Goldth
Sumpter250 Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:You know, they now have a shot you can take to prevent shingles. I only hope it's not too late for you since they won't cure you if you already have them. 2285_ Shoot

I don't need no stinking shot........I'll just glue them to structures. Goldth Goldth
Well you're lucky, my doctor wanted to charge me $75 for the shot since it isn't covered by insurance. Nope I really don't need one either since we have a tile roof.. Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and