SP&S Shelf Layout
I don't have that particular book on my shelf but I had an opportunity to page through it the last time I was "up the road a piece" to the "LHS" that's 2 1/2 hours away. Mike Danneman knows what he is doing and appears to be able to teach the basics very well!

Your own artwork is rather admirable, Greg ... I come back to this thread to take another look at it every so often, trying to "break down" your steps ... It really is quite good, there, Big Guy!

You might think about doing a tutorial, when you get to where you have to do the next section! Backdrops scare the dickens out of a lot of modelers who could probably do well, if they'd just touch that first brushful of paint to the wall! After that, you just keep going!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Cheers Please do consider more show-and-tell step-by-step work as your results are really quite good. When it comes time to paint my backdrop I think I'll check out that Danneman book...

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
Wow, what a fantastic scene you've created with that artistic background . . . when your foreground scenery is complete you must share a video of one of those Great Northern Geeps passing through!
Well I have been testing my layout and not been doing much in the way of layout progress. I did have an issue with a curve on the layout so I decided to go ahead and remove it and replace the CVMW ties with a piece of ME flex track. So now with the new piece in place I can resume testing my operations.

[Image: Redmond+Shelf+239.jpg]
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
Oh yeah...

I also weathered up some cars for the layout
[Image: SPS.jpg]

[Image: MKT.jpg]
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

Every time I look at your layout, my skin begins to turn a deep shade of green.... Goldth
Not only is that backdrop just great, but your benchwork is also A#1...And then there are the weathered cars.... Eek
Gus (LC&P).
Thought of your layout when I ran across this:

[Image: 5193788437_3938f99b4f.jpg]
Cambrian Bridge by Phil_Parker, on Flickr
dgaken Wrote:Thought of your layout when I ran across this:

[Image: 5193788437_3938f99b4f.jpg]
Cambrian Bridge by Phil_Parker, on Flickr

Confusedhock:

[/faints]
:o :o :o Confusedhock: That's got to be over thirty feet of bridge ! Somebody was in it for the "long haul" !!!!
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
That looks like Barmouth, in Wales.
Prototype had a major rebuild because of some sort of maritime worms.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
ocalicreek Wrote:Cheers Please do consider more show-and-tell step-by-step work as your results are really quite good.

Just wanted to throw this one out again....
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
That is am imprseeive looking scene, I hope mine looks that good when it is finished. I am glad I do not have to build a bridge that long but I do have to make one that needs to be 231 feet tall.
[Image: Crooked+River.jpg]

I do have the actual plans from the RR to build this...but let me finish the shelf first...
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

A little scenery...
[Image: IMG_0314.JPG]

I said it was little
[Image: IMG_0319.JPG]
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

So is there a tree tutorial forthcoming?

An excellent little scenic treatment! Nicely done! Thumbsup

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
More great stuff!!!!! I second the call for a tree tutorial!!!!!
Keep up the inspiring work Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Steve