A rebuild is underway!....
One post fishing reply and then back to the trains...

Sounds like a spectacular trip. Sharks in the surf and then a massive battle with a ray! Thanks for the report.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Good luck with the rebuild. Mine took way longer than I expected, then I had to disassemble the railroad anyway.
recent update......... Still deconstructing! Process is slow though as I am not in a huge rush. I'm tearing out small sections each day and am almost there before taking up track. I am still in the contemplation stage for the future rebuild. Once all scenic elements are out and track taken up, ballast cleaned off and as much cork roadbed as can be saved, I will remove subroadbed and risers and everything leaving the l-girders as is. Crossbraces will be needed to be relocated across the girders once I have the new benchwork configuration in place. Backdrop will be left up in the interim as I plan on painting over the mountains and redoing the sky. This isn't a pretty process, but I am confident it will be worth it in the long run!
Funny how every thread here is about building and mine is the only one about destroying! Geez! Misngth

Matt