Good things come in narrow packages
Alright Steve!!! Thats what i like to see, some track laying going on!! Misngth

Thats looking good so far, hopefully the cruddy LHS get your Flex in soon Nope

Looking forward to more Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Quote:Track laying is the best part isn't it?
tetters....I don't know if it is the best part (for me), but It is certainly one of my favorite parts. I really do enjoy it and the hours seem to fly by.  Thumbsup  Thumbsup  Thumbsup

Quote:Steve, don't throw away the ruined flex track. You can remove the ties and straighten and cut 50-60 scale foot rail sections and make flat car loads.
Russ...that is an excellent suggestion! I've seen it done, but I never gave it a thought during this process.........Thank you! Thumbsup  Thumbsup  Thumbsup

Quote:hopefully the cruddy LHS get your Flex in soon  
Josh...I found out the store that my LHS was going to have it sent from, and it turns out that they are about 12-15 minutes away from where I work.  Big Grin
I went down there myself and my stuff was all wrapped up and waiting for me.......it also turns out that this store has a much better/larger selection!  Thumbsup  Thumbsup  Thumbsup . I guess I have a new LHS!

I put all of that new track to good use. I even broke down and bought a few #6 turnouts (I have 6 in all), so 6 out of 10 ain't bad.
here are a couple of pics.......in the second, the arrow shows where I will be cutting a hole into the wall so that I can have hidden staging in the closet.............I haven't told the wife about that part of the plan.....shhhhhhhhhhh! don't tell her............not that I'm afraid of her or anything............I wear the pants in this family!................................................................I have to go now, she says I've spent enough time on the computer :oops:

[Image: nWxZPq.jpg]

[Image: QFJ1oQ.jpg]
Steve
Alright Steve!!! More track down, sweet!!!

Glad to hear ya found a new LHS and got some #6's too, i think you will like them better, i found them to be more reliable lol

About the whole in the wall and the wife, just dont tell her and see how long it takes her to notice the train that goes through the wall Misngth Just tunnel through when shes at work or out shopping one day hehe Thumbsup Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
The track is looking great! Just build one of your wonderful hills, put a tunnel in it, and when your wife isn't looking, make the tunnel go somewhere! :-)
Scott
Lookin’ good, Steve Thumbsup . BTW, did you check if Wollenberg fits in between the siding and the wall? Better not rely on the stupid who drew the plan :oops: Wink .

Scott, how long have you been married? You sound like a very experienced man Icon_lol .
Kurt
Steve Wrote:
Quote:.....I haven't told the wife about that part of the plan.....shhhhhhhhhhh! don't tell her............not that I'm afraid of her or anything............I wear the pants in this family!................................................................I have to go now, she says I've spent enough time on the computer :oops:

357 357

Is better to ask for forgiveness then beg for permission I always say. I just do stuff, and wait for her catch on, if and when that ever happens around our happy home. :? Big Grin
Oh the wealth of marital wisdom!!! Misngth Thumbsup I will ponder everyone's advice.

Quote:BTW, did you check if Wollenberg fits in between the siding and the wall? Better not rely on the stupid who drew the plan :oops: Wink .
Kurt.... I did check, and it fit perfectly! Reliability is the hallmark of stup............err I mean the guy who drew the plan! Misngth Wink

Hopefully more progress will come before the weekend is over Thumbsup
Steve
There is a change. The road I circled in the trackplan below is now going to be a small river.
[Image: QdHjpv.jpg]

I decided to do that after I cut the wood out for the road that was going down hill under the track.......no harm done and it actually helped with a dip in the plywood right at that spot. I am not really sure about how I want to blend the water in to the backdrop yet, but I have seen it done and have a few ideas.
[Image: 3kcOOu.jpg]

These next pics are just me seeing how things are going to look........

[Image: xzopwt.jpg]

[Image: iQU8GH.jpg]
Steve
nice pics steve,i rmember that bridge! 35 --josh
Women may not find you handsome,but they'll atleast find you handy--Red Green
C&O ALL THE WAY--[Image: chessie.gif]
Somehow I knew a river would fall into the picture at some point. Icon_lol
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
Sweet! Big Grin
Glad to hear that you will have a river. That scene already looks great and I can't wait to see what you do with it! Just got a 40' Northern Pacific box car myself, i really like the look of their stuff.
Scott
Steve that Grain Elevator looks sweet!! I also like the idea of replacing the road with a small river Thumbsup Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Steve...that grain elevator is really a beaut..... Thumbsup And so is that engine...
Is that an H10 hustling that box car around..?? I think I've learned a little something from Deano's (WHERE is he..??) very informative posts..... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
Steamtrains Wrote:Is that an H10 hustling that box car around..??

Gus, shame on you ... Nope Eek Icon_lol Icon_lol ... it is a Baldwin VO1000 (my favorite engine) Wink .
Kurt