Maumee & Western: Into Defiance
Covered some new ground with the Maumee & Western this month:

[Image: 4870151073_d089797b5a_z.jpg]

[Image: 4870150513_107fdac9a5_z.jpg]

[Image: 4870150305_efc542e580_z.jpg]

[Image: 4870761018_596b1d3670_z.jpg]

All of the photos from August 4 are on flickr.
Love that bridge shot.

How do you go about finding out when the trains will be running? I've got good opportunities to catch some local switching near where I work, but is it just being lucky to be there at the right time?
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
I go looking for them. The active portion of the line is only 20 miles long so it's pretty easy to go crossing-to-crossing until I find the train. I also live two blocks from it so if the windows are open I can hear a train in town and give pursuit.
railohio Wrote:I go looking for them. The active portion of the line is only 20 miles long so it's pretty easy to go crossing-to-crossing until I find the train. I also live two blocks from it so if the windows are open I can hear a train in town and give pursuit.

That's how I been chasing short lines for years.. Thumbsup

The only hard chase was R.J.Corman out of St.Marys..I never knew if he went toward Celina or Minster..Of course one time they completely fooled me they made the trip to Lima first!
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
So when do you start your model of #16? Cheers Goldth Popcornbeer
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
love the geep 10 Cheers
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
e-paw Wrote:... love the geep 10 Cheers

I went back and looked, sorta ... but I came up empty in my search for Geep #10! :?
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Caught these two SD70's in town yesterday.

[Image: P1011197.jpg]

[Image: P1011201.jpg]
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
Great Shots! I have been enjoying your photo threads, that's some track they operate on!

- Dan