Tsunami steam recommendations
Having decoder pro down at the club I've now set most of the CVs to my likings but found the below features a little intimidating Soooo! I'ma
Looking for setting recommendations for the Reverb and the equalizer on the Tsunami heavy steam on my 2-8-8-4 Yellowstone. Perticularly on the Reverb as the instruction manual states better you be a audio expert as you can get some worrisome sound reactions if your not sure what'cha your doin' Icon_lol
Anyone expert enough to have messed around with this feature ,MR. did a review of the diesel TSU 1000 with the settings they used on the reverb and equalizer but nothing on their review of the steam version.
If your using Decoder pro at your club then use it to set the reverb. It makes it alot easier than putting in the numbers without it . All the slide controls are right there . If its not to your liking put it back and try another. I enjoy seeing what strange sounds I can get it to make . If you have the opertunity to use it then play till your hearts content. Whats the worst can happen you screw it up and start over. Decoderpro makes setting these a breeze . With it at least you can see what you have done and not guess what CV you have changed or value you have put in it . Be adventurous. Have fun. MartyG
O.k great will play around with both the reverb and equalizer with decoder pro at my 1st opportunity,in the mean time I'm wondering if there are any youtube videos of h.o steamers with these features working so we can listen to the effects they produce.
Larry,
Like Marty said, with Decoder-Pro you can play with these without too much worry.
One thing that will make a difference is the speaker and how you use CV153, or if you work with the CV's between 154 and 160. (Customize)
When you use CV153 you can select a speaker size. Set CV153 to zero to six. if you program CV153 to 7 you can then set CV's154 -160.
BTW have you downloaded the Tsunami's Steam Sound User's Guide? If not you should, just make sure you have some paper in your printer as it will take about 70 sheets to print. I know that the CD is out there but I have found the printed copies to work with are very helpful.
I find a section I what to work with and just make hand written notes in that section.