H0 Decoder in Atlas Genset
The brand new Atlas Genset is reported in various forums to have no space for a H0 size decoder. A proposed circumvention is the installation of a N-size decoder.

That is true but can be fixed in three minutes.
The DC version of the Genset has two huge 100 10-9 Farad capacitors parallel to the motor stored under the short hood weight. A first test with temporary plugged in decoders (Zimo MX630 and ESU Lokpilot) gave horrible results at low speed. That is quite normal with that huge capacitors exceeding everything I have ever seen for RFI purposed.
Simply remove the capacitors and install the decoder UNDER the short hood weight at the place the capacitors have been installed before.
No more space problems and the Atlas engine runs as smooth like all the Atlas engines no Big Grin

[Image: Img_0359.jpg?t=1286451141]
Reinhard
I noticed when I removed the capacitors that the space is perfect for a speak, in fact I would be willing to guess it was designed that way. QSI should have a Genset decoder next year 2285_
AlcoRS1 Wrote:I noticed when I removed the capacitors that the space is perfect for a speak, in fact I would be willing to guess it was designed that way. QSI should have a Genset decoder next year 2285_
That was also my thoughts when I removed the front weight the first time. It the perfect place for a speaker when the sound decoder replaces the PCB is.
Reinhard