Names in signatures
Well I have been called Catt ever since 1961 in Viet Nam when a little girl watched me jump up into a tree.I can't do that anymore but the name has stuck.I have some longtime friends that don't remember my first name is actually Johnathan (notice there are two As).

Just a little side note I have more seniority on the Gauge than "Mikey" who though we have never met face to face I concider a very good friend .
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
I prefer people to use my real name, and that is why I put it in my signature. My screen name really means nothing. At the time I signed up for Big Blue (formerly The Gauge), my fellow students had been making fun of me for eating those nachos they sell at the gas station.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Catt Wrote:Well I have been called Catt ever since 1961 in Viet Nam when a little girl watched me jump up into a tree.I can't do that anymore but the name has stuck.I have some longtime friends that don't remember my first name is actually Johnathan (notice there are two As).

Just a little side note I have more seniority on the Gauge than "Mikey" who though we have never met face to face I concider a very good friend .

Don't remember you ever telling that story before Smile Smile Same goes for me...

You do know that in a month it'll be "10 years" since we both signed on this railroad Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I'm still getting used to that idea.....
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Catt,
October-December 1961....your "tree jumping days", I was in boot camp, just starting my military career.
Mikey,
January 19 2011 will be my 9th anniversary here on The-Gauge.
I look at both, as "good tours of duty".
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:Catt,
October-December 1961....your "tree jumping days", I was in boot camp, just starting my military career.
Mikey,
January 19 2011 will be my 9th anniversary here on The-Gauge.
I look at both, as "good tours of duty".
~~~ Thanks Smile That means a lot to me Smile Big Grin

Wow - 9 years Smile Who would have thought? Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
I feel like a spring chicken, I'm only at eight years this coming Feb 3rd. It's been just over seven years since Pete (sumpter250) stopped by my house when we lived in Wickenburg.

Remember this one Pete:

Here's us with Ray Marinaccio:

And then there's THE BOX as it arrived in Arizona:

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Icon_lol Icon_lol

I've lost the aircast, more hair, and about 50 pounds since then. I'd completely forgotten about having "the box" there!
What I haven't lost are the memories of a great time, and an enjoyable visit. My thanks for those.
For now, at least, finances have made travel....."not on the agenda". I'd like nothing better than to be on the road again, to distant places and old friends. Even my "Disappear Off The Face Of The Earth" week is a much shorter trip now.

Big Blue has made quite a journey in those years also. a few "bumps in the road", but quite a journey none the less.

Now, my apologies for going so far afield here, back to the original subject......I have chosen, and will continue to leave my name out of the signature. It says what I want it to say, and that's enough.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I think I've been around here ten years, too. Scary proposition to say the least.