Deano's Rail Fan Pics: ENGINES
HI FOLKS!, Welcome to MY Rail Fan Pics: ENGINES thread.

Sure I'm a Model RRer, but I'm a BIG RAIL FAN too, and in this thread I'll be posting a MULTITUDE of engine pics that i have taken over the last few years. EVERY SINGLE PICTURE in this thread were taken BY ME at several different locations.

Most of the Engine pictures you will see are:
Union Pacific(my favorite road) Big Grin
WSOR
ICE
I also have a TON of Engine pics i have taken at the Illinois Railway Museum,
AND, every now and then i happen across some engines that dont fit in the above four categories, like the last pic in THIS post.

It will take several weeks to post the MULTITUDE of Engine shots i have taken, and since i Rail Fan often, you'll be seeing FRESH NEW shots frequently too.

If you like Engines, i think you'll like this thread Wink , so just sit back and enjoy the show.
Questions AND comments are more then welcome Wink Big Grin

HERE'S A SMALL TASTE OF WHAT YOU'LL SEE:
pic#1- thats ME in front of my favorite of ALL of UP's engines, the 8500 series Gas Turbines(I'm 5'11'', that goes to show you how big those Gas Turbines were :o )
pic#2- a UP Dash-9, taken in Janesville WI
pic#3- WSOR's famous #4025, taken in Janesville WI
pic#4- ICE's "City of South Beloit", taken in South Beloit Ill
pic#5- a CNW F7, taken at the IRM
pic#6- a GP30(EX-WC), taken in Janesville WI

[Image: image.php?album_id=21&image_id=20]

[Image: image.php?album_id=18&image_id=21]

[Image: image.php?album_id=19&image_id=24]

[Image: image.php?album_id=20&image_id=29]

[Image: image.php?album_id=21&image_id=30]

[Image: image.php?album_id=23&image_id=31]
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
When I get some time to play around and learn how to post pictures I'll post a pix of UP power that will make you salivate a bit. The number on the number boards was 3985! Thumbsup
Deano, looking forward to seeing some more pics!! Got some nice ones already too!! Thumbsup Thumbsup

I think im really going to enjoy this thread Goldth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
trucklover

The military also says, " An Army without ammunition is just another parade!"
bob collins Wrote:When I get some time to play around and learn how to post pictures I'll post a pix of UP power that will make you salivate a bit. The number on the number boards was 3985! Thumbsup

Bob, i would LOVE to see those pics Thumbsup :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Josh, i hope you DO like this thread Wink , as you know, i have TONS of pics to share, a lot of real neat stuff Wink , there should be something for everyone Thumbsup .

***************************************************************************************************************************************************
(AGAIN, ALL pictures i post on here were taken by ME, I AM NOT a great photographer, so MANY of the pics are not that good of quality :| , none the less, i am hoping you folks will enjoy seeing shots I have taken Rail Fanning Wink . )

FIRST WAVE...well, a ripple really Misngth , i wasnt sure if i should post a variety of differant pics, or just go with one theme at a time :?: , i guess we'll just start out with a few shots of MY FAVORITE ROAD :mrgreen: , and we'll go from there.

[Image: aDSC08053.jpg]

[Image: DSC09201.jpg]

[Image: UPSW.jpg]

[Image: DSC01120.jpg]

[Image: DSC01116.jpg]

[Image: DSC01102.jpg]

[Image: DSC00148.jpg]

[Image: aDSC08051.jpg]

[Image: 502k.jpg]

[Image: aDSC08044.jpg]

[Image: 500k.jpg]
Denao, GREAT first wave of pics Thumbsup LOVE the flag units the most tho, those flags just have a soft spot in me hehe 2285_
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Trucklover Wrote:Denao, GREAT first wave of pics Thumbsup LOVE the flag units the most tho, those flags just have a soft spot in me hehe 2285_
THANKS Josh! :mrgreen: , I have a few more flag engine shots I'll put up in future posts Wink .

[Image: DSC01099.jpg]
UP SD40-2 Wrote:THANKS Josh! :mrgreen: , I have a few more flag engine shots I'll put up in future posts Wink .

another beauty of a shot Deano, i look forward to seeing some more flags and whatever else you might post 2285_

I need to/wish i could get out and do some reailfanning one of these days Wallbang
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Deano, great pictures! The blue UP wings are my favorite, glad that they put that on their modern one now. I like when the red line has lighting stripe in it, to me it just looks better. I really like where you get those pictures, I love the pictures with the bushes in front of the tracks and I like how there is a parking spot right next to the tracks. I always think of tracks being hidden back behind buildings, but that comes from living in a town with no track whatsoever. Keep the pictures coming, I'll never ge tired of them. Thumbsup
Scott
THANKS Scott! :mrgreen:
I agree with you, i too like the wings on the front of the UP engines Thumbsup .

I have a pic for you Wink , i know you have seen this one of mine before, but your the FIRST person i think of when i see it :mrgreen: .

[Image: DSC05282.jpg]
Well, i sure hope i dont loose you folks on this next set of pics :| . I rail fan WSOR quite a bit, they are only a Shortline, so i know this road isnt very popular with most you folks, but i follow them a lot, so i have a multitude of pics of them Wink .

SECOND...ripple... Misngth (check out the two SD20's Eek , you just dont see those anymore Nope )

[Image: DSC02459.jpg]

[Image: wso21.jpg]

[Image: DSC008851.jpg]

[Image: DSC07505.jpg]

[Image: DSC02833.jpg]

[Image: DSC02341.jpg]

[Image: DSC02335.jpg]

[Image: DSC00878.jpg]

[Image: DSC00318.jpg]
Thanks for old Utah Railway, I think one of the guys that used to be in our train club before he moved up north (and has a lot more money than me) bought a whole bunch of engines and painted them Utah Railway, I am sure that 9010 was one of them. Wisconsin and Southern is a good railroad to be a fan of, they have lots of different engines, different paint schemes and they look like they keep them clean. And who can't be a fan of a railroad that keeps E units up and running. Not to many of those left.
Scott
The LAST Road i Rail Fan is also a shortline, ICE Thumbsup , this road is the closest to me, their "West yard" in South Beloit Ill is only 6 miles from my house Wink .
A really odd thing about it all is, even though ICE is the closest to me, i railfan them the least of the three roads that i follow Misngth , dont ask me why, thats just the way it is Smile . (check out the sister road engine to the ICE, the DME )

THIRD...ripple Misngth

[Image: DSC08589.jpg]

[Image: DSC08583.jpg]

[Image: DSC02645.jpg]

[Image: DSC02640.jpg]

[Image: DSC02636.jpg]

[Image: DSC02607.jpg]

[Image: DSC01406.jpg]

[Image: DSC01390.jpg]

[Image: DSC02.jpg]

[Image: close45.jpg]

[Image: close44.jpg]

[Image: cjane.jpg]

[Image: cbeloit.jpg]
:hey: DEANO, I knew you would come up with another thread for me to follow :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Worship

That WSOR pic of the E's looks familiar Wink

Are the WSOR 3800's rebuilt 35's? The fans on the first one and tha radiators all look like 35s to me
Jim

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://dieseldetailer.proboards53.com/index.cgi">http://dieseldetailer.proboards53.com/index.cgi</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.okmtc.com/community/index.php">http://www.okmtc.com/community/index.php</a><!-- m -->
Sarge Wrote::hey: DEANO, I knew you would come up with another thread for me to follow :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Worship

That WSOR pic of the E's looks familiar Wink

Are the WSOR 3800's rebuilt 35's? The fans on the first one and tha radiators all look like 35s to me

THANK YOU JIM! :mrgreen:

That pic should look familiar to you, i have lots of pics of their E's, but that shot was taken when you were here Thumbsup :mrgreen:

As for the GP38's, thats a darn good question Thumbsup , though i dont know enough about them to know the answer to your question Misngth , wheres Triplex when you need him Wink :mrgreen: .