Just tinkering with my 1st section of the layout
My oddly jointed 18" + 22" curves, as my circle. I can 'play' on this when I work on the 4X8 main section which i'll add this to it on the side. The track is almost all on but the board isn't anywhere complete.

[Image: 4.jpg]

The Circle

[Image: 1.jpg]

Just threw on some stuff temporary

Then played with Macro...

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 5.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

[Image: Dsc05266.jpg]

[Image: Dsc05265.jpg]

[Image: Dsc05263.jpg]

[Image: Dsc05267.jpg]

[Image: Dsc05272.jpg]

[Image: Dsc05274.jpg]

[Image: Dsc05281.jpg]
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Well the circle part looks very round :mrgreen:
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
Looking good Tom, i like the double stacks and the construction equipment, and of coarse the trucks Misngth

Was that a Walthers Terex Dump Truck in a couple of the pics?
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Boley, I know that truck anywhere. LOL
Nice double stacks too! Thumbsup
Nice start Tom! I really like that container forklift - walthers kit?

- Dan
Nice start. One potential problem for you is if you are like me, once you get some track down that trains will run on, you may end up going to work on the layout and figure I'll just run a train a little bit and 2-3 hours later, you have been running trains on the "plywood central" but nothing else got done. I would suggest you put up some sort of Masonite retaining walls where ever the track passes close to the edge. It looks like you have the potential to have trains that derail take the big fall to the floor.
Trucklover Wrote:Looking good Tom, i like the double stacks and the construction equipment, and of coarse the trucks Misngth

Was that a Walthers Terex Dump Truck in a couple of the pics?
Dan85 Wrote:Nice start Tom! I really like that container forklift - walthers kit?

- Dan
Thanks, and yes it's the Terex, which is the same as the Kirbi but a lot cheaper. The same goes for the walthers wheel loader and container forklift

COMBAT Wrote:Boley, I know that truck anywhere. LOL
Nice double stacks too! Thumbsup
Thanks, nowhere near the awesomeness of your layout though 35

Russ Bellinis Wrote:Nice start. One potential problem for you is if you are like me, once you get some track down that trains will run on, you may end up going to work on the layout and figure I'll just run a train a little bit and 2-3 hours later, you have been running trains on the "plywood central" but nothing else got done.

The $ is the 1st problem, so plywood central will not get many renovations for a while Icon_lol

Russ Bellinis Wrote:I would suggest you put up some sort of Masonite retaining walls where ever the track passes close to the edge. It looks like you have the potential to have trains that derail take the big fall to the floor.

I know it's going to be a problem and everyone around me says the same thing, but for now it's open and used for slow pulling runs for testing out my stock. Eventully this first 4X4 board will get some incline terrains Cheers
Tom

Model Conrail

Little updating here, I'm leaning more tward two main buildings, a plastics plant (Walthers Magic Pan Bakeries) and a pipe factory (Walthers Machine Shop) which will be not be used for a railroad machine shop 35

I ended up curving the straight after the plastics plant to make room for more centerflow hoppers, after I finalize the location I'll make the piping system to feed the silos. I also got to look for some surge bins or a pump house outside.

[Image: DSC05367.jpg]
Tom

Model Conrail

Just curious , would that section be considered a reverse loop?
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
Lynn, I think it is just a circle with a couple of sidings.
wgrider Wrote:Just curious , would that section be considered a reverse loop?

It's just a circle right now, until i build the 2nd board this will be remade into one 180 degree turn with some branches
Tom

Model Conrail

I like the new plastics plant a lot. Nice collection of vehicles too!
Ralph