HO Tour Car Pictures
Nice video, Galen ... but next time please give me about three seconds more time to read the text. Thanks.

Can't wait to see Pinto get some scenery ... it's lookin' good!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
MasonJar Wrote:
iis612 Wrote:I have pics from when the car was on my layout. If anyone can tell me how to import pics from my iPhone, please send me a PM and explain it to me. I am completely clueless. After seeing the contributions from the others, I am not sure I want to add mine.

Matt

Matt -

Do you sync your iPhone with your computer? If yes, you are probably using iTunes to do it. If that is the case, there are settings about what to do with the pictures you take on the phone. Being an Apple product, the iPhone is probably looking for iPhoto on your machine.

If none of this is familiar, please let me know the specifics of your situation (hardware, software) and perhaps I can give you some more directed suggestions.

Andrew

I am using iTunes. I can just barely work the phone. Using iTunes is an entirely new mystery to me. Please, explain what you can.

Thank you,
Matt
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.
Remember the old days, when folks used to take pictures with a CAMERA? Tongue Good luck getting the tech to work. I know there's a steep learning curve but don't worry, as soon as you've got it figured out the next thing will come along and the goalposts will move.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
Now THAT'S an uplifting thought!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
P5se Camelback Wrote:
Now THAT'S an uplifting thought!

Hey, it could be worse, I'm struggling with "Googledocs spreadsheets"........I mean, when someone says spreadsheets, I unfold the linen! 357 Icon_twisted
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
If you are using you iPhone with a PC, once you plug it in skip the iTunes, go to My Computer (or Computer if you have Vista or Windows 7) and you should see the iPhone listed as a drive. Open it and you can see the folder that stores the pictures, you can simply drag and drop them from that folder to a folder on your hard drive.

My iPhone takes better video than the purpose-designed digital video camera I bought, which now sits unused. For web publishign purposes, the photos are as good as the ones I get from my purpose-designed camera. So most of the time, I just now use the iPhone. One thing I need before the next train show is a tripod adapter so I can put the iPhone on my tripod for steadier video.

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com
iis612 Wrote:I am using iTunes. I can just barely work the phone. Using iTunes is an entirely new mystery to me. Please, explain what you can.

Thank you,
Matt

Hi Matt,

You did not mention if you have a Windows or Mac machine, but if Windows, follow the instructions from Randy, above.

If all else fails, you should be able to email the pictures to yourself (assuming that you have email set up on the phone).

Andrew
Thanks for all the help.
Galen,
That is a disturbing thought. True, but disturbing none the less.

My photos should be uploaded in an hour or 2, once my little one takes a nap.

Matt
I wish I could have a cool story for these. My little bot likes to play "Angry Birds" on my iPhone. However, he is a bit (mis)adventurous and he managed to delete several of my pics. Here we see the BB&G coming in on the GM local behind 0-8-0 1401. It is the end of trick for this crew, so they tie up on the arrival track while the incoming crew gets their paperwork in order. The BB&G will be sorted into one of the Detroit to Saginaw road trains to be dropped at the GERN facility a few miles north. After loading it will be picked up by a Saginaw to Detroit hot shot, where it will be interchanged with the Detroit Connecting RR.

[Image: IMG_0038.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0039.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0040.jpg]

I wish I was much further along in my construction. The other pics posted by others are drool worthy. The trackwork in these pics are just something I threw down for the purpose of these pics. The ones in the GERN facility are A LOT better, but those are the ones that were deleted.

Matt
Hey Matt,

Glad you could participate! Shame about the other pics being deleted but we now have photographic evidence of more of the BB&G car's travels! Thumbsup

Ralph
...and I see it goes hand-in-hand with a distinguished "visitor" from Canada....
Seems that the EG&E is well "connected"... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
Sumpter250 Wrote:Hey, it could be worse, I'm struggling with "Googledocs spreadsheets"........I mean, when someone says spreadsheets, I unfold the linen! 357 Icon_twisted
What is a Googledocs spreadsheet?
Les
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/">http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/</a><!-- m --> Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/lesterperry/
What is a Googledocs spreadsheet?.....You ask ??
When I figure it out ( like that's about to happen in the near future Nope ) I'll let you know........if I'm sane enough to be able to use the keyboard. 357 Icon_twisted

{ it's a spreadsheet program available at Google-dot-com } Smile
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I just got back from a week long business trip to San Antonio Texas and what was sitting in my interchange (ok, in the mail pile on my desk)?

This is going to be fun.

Work has kept me from having the time to work on my layout, so no promises that my layout will be ready in the near future to host the car, but! I have a "Plan "B""

My brother's layout came out of mothballs a couple of wees ago and him and I have been spending time helping him clean it up and restore it. ALL of the buildings except for a certain few are sitting on two folding tables as we have been cleaning them and doing touch up work on structures and have a box of trees we need to re-add. Give us a few days and we'll be ready to roll with our first freight over the line in 7 years. We have already test ran a variety of power, including a 5 car test train of heavy weights led by his newly gifted (you're welcome bro!, lol) UP 4-8-4, and this weekend, we should have a bunch of photos for you guys.

Whoever built the car and the box, you have SKILLS! My girlfriend and I are still marveling at this box design.
Tom Carter
Railroad Training Services
Railroad Trainers & Consultants
Stockton, CA
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com">http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- m -->
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com">tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- e -->
[Image: gaugetraingifsigUP.gif]
And yes, I will bring out the good camera for photos, this new little point and shoot is a little dissapointing for a 15MP camera. Nope

Tom Carter
Railroad Training Services
Railroad Trainers & Consultants
Stockton, CA
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com">http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- m -->
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com">tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- e -->
[Image: gaugetraingifsigUP.gif]