Changing function key NCE decoder
Hi group. I am wanting to take the reverse light function 2 from the F0 light function and move it to the F3 function key. It is a NCE decoder. I want to use this for a cab light on a covered wagon. Just hoping someone can give me a step by step, or tell me it can't be done.
Charlie
According to JMRI, to make the yellow wire controlled by F3, non-directional, you need to set CV34 to 0, CV 37 to 2, and CV121 to 0. This for the D13 series - which decoder do you have?

Tip: You can use JMRI even without a connection to the DCC system. Set up one of the simulator modes as the connection, then open the programmer and make the changed you want. There is a CV tab that list all CVs and values, the ones changed by the settings you
ve made are highlighted in red/orange. Go throught he list and key on the required CV values using your DCC controller.

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com
Thanks Randy, I just figured it out, and came up with the same thing. I have the darned JMRI program and never even thought about it. It has been a long day. Goldth I really appreciate you answering this.
Charlie
Would have had it sooner, I saw this this morning, but I had my kids over and didn;t get a chance to get back to this until now - since these sort of things are those I don't have all memorized (some people have this impression I do - no, I can get to the manuals quickly and I have JMRI on every computer I use, not just the one hooked to my layout - so I cheat!). Then there are the fairly stock anwers I have for things like using LEDs - I keep telling myself I should just ype it all out once and put it on my web site instead of typign it all up every time someone asks a question - but then I spend enough time doing things EXCEPT workign on my layout, which is why people have 4 months of progress from empty room to half the layout sceniced and mine is still almost all bare foam after a year and a half. I actually hooked up 3 turnotu controls over the weekend though, so at least on one direction I can pull a train into the yard off the main without reachign underneath and manually moving the servo!

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com
Randy, the kids are always number one. Don't think a thing about it. I had another problem with the first installs too, and had to figure them out. I noticed there are lots of errors in the NCE instructions, and I got bit by one of them, and had I not been worrying about frying a decoder I probably would not have looked at the instructions and would have saved myself about 8 hours, but I guess you call this hobby a pastime. Goldth
Charlie