New Contest For April 2011
We always said that we would never offer prizes, but.......

There's a $100.00 Walther's gift certificate going to the first member that posts a Prototype picture of an engine with the number 411 or 4111 (Today's date) Note All rules below apply!!!!!

~~ It must be an original picture - Your Picture!!
~~ It must be not retouched in any manner (No - you can't paste the number in)
~~ And it must have been something you never have posted in any forum anywhere.
~~ It must have been taken with a conventional "film" camera (NO Digital pictures accepted)

..... and if you haven't "gotten" it yet.....

Have a Happy April Fool's Day!!!!!!!

~~ From The Big Blue Admins and Moderators!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Don't forget to enter the --- April "Photoetry" Challenge!!!!!!
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4136">viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4136</a><!-- l -->
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Oh yeah, as usual, we do have a contest end date, and that is today at 4:01:11. Note that we are adding a bonus if the engineer has his cap on and has a white beard. No, he doesn't need to be dressed in a red suite, but there's an extra bonus if he is.

Oh yeah, have a really happy April Fools Day everyone, from all of us here on the Big Blue staff.... Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Oh, if there is any confusion about this "contest", please go to this site for further enlightenment.
http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/aprilfool/P0/
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Don't be taken in by these jokers...! Icon_lol

There is a REAL contest for April which can be found here.

Big Grin Big Grin

Andrew
MasonJar Wrote:Don't be taken in by these jokers...! Icon_lol

There is a REAL contest for April which can be found here.

Big Grin Big Grin

Andrew
"I" put a link in my original post too!! Cheers Icon_lol Icon_lol
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

So would a daguerreotype count as film?
Gary S Wrote:So would a daguerreotype count as film?
Remember, you have to have taken it yourself. But, we are putting together a board of judges that can rule in this point. In the meantime, follow Mikey and Andrew's lead and enter the real April contest. At least there, you're allowed to use a digital camera... Big Grin Big Grin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
daguerreotypeoptery is one of my other hobbies........................
Gary S Wrote:daguerreotypeoptery is one of my other hobbies........................
Wow, that is most unusual, kind of makes me think of guys in uniforms with swords and muskets at their sides. I didn't know that anyone still did that sort of thing, that's great. Thumbsup Thumbsup

One sure learns these thing in the most unexpected ways.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
FOOLS, everywhere I look, nothing but FOOLS !!!!...........

Oh, :oops: :oops: :oops: It's April first....................it's "their" day. Wink
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
ezdays Wrote:
Gary S Wrote:daguerreotypeoptery is one of my other hobbies........................
Wow, that is most unusual, kind of makes me think of guys in uniforms with swords and muskets at their sides. I didn't know that anyone still did that sort of thing, that's great. Thumbsup Thumbsup

One sure learns these thing in the most unexpected ways.

Now if I could just find a 4111..........................
OK, so Pete has thrown his hat in the ring... We're expecting big things from you Gary...!! Wink

Andrew
Gary S Wrote:Now if I could just find a 4111..........................
I saw one just a bit ago but by the time I went home and got my 35MM camera, it had cleared the crossing and was out of sight. 35 35

Man, could those guys pump fast. Misngth
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I have been thinking about the other contest. As for this one, I am still awaiting the judge's ruling on whether daguerreotype will be counted as film. That $100 walther's coupon is quite enticing, so a person would be FooLisH not to enter this contest!
Well - I have some bad news.... The truth is My wife just found a "Freshly Dead" mouse in the living room.. No doubt, right where one of the cats got tired of "playing" with it. EWWWWWW!!
And I have 1/4 of a chewed Gift Certificate sitting on my desk....

I don't think it's a coincidence.. a conspiracy? Maybe!!

But I'm afraid I'll have to not wait for the "Judges" decision and close the contest.... right after i "flush" the body!! Eek Eek Eek Eek Eek

So - Please consider entering our "real" contest for April!!! (links above) Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

P.S. She really found "the mouse" - and I was just sitting down to dinner too! Wallbang Wallbang Wallbang
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75